Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 08:41PM

Here in southern Connecticut the spring flowers are in bloom. The yellow daffidils are plentiful. The mountain laurel is in full bloom. The grass is a lush green and the trees are beginning to open leaves.

Why would anyone want to be in Utah?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exldsdudeinslc ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 08:45PM

Seriously?? You have to turn that beautiful scene into a jab at Utah? You're not much better than TBMs with that comment....just sayin

Date: April 20, 2014 08:47PM

OK, so I don't like Utah. But do you disagree - that Connecticut in the spring is prettier than Utah?

Posted by: exldsdudeinslc ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 08:55PM

It's probably prettier than a lot of places, not just Utah.

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 09:08PM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Lots to appreciate EVERYWHERE. The key is to appreciate where ever you are, when ever.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 09:10PM

Dafs are blooming (here the fields and other open spaces are full of them) as are the other spring bulbs. Trees all in flower. Lilac starting to pop. My early rose is almost ready to bloom. Nice clear sky with ZERO air pollution. I was born in SLC but there is no way I would move back with the air quality there now - EWWWWWWWW.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 09:21PM

I was thinking the same about Alabama. It's just beautiful. Azaleas. Dogwoods. Camellias. All the blooms smell wonderful.

It's a beautiful time of year.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 09:30PM

PNW....Trees in bloom, magnolias, flowering cherries, and the tulips are in full swing.Azaleas, Rhodies, and daphne are putting on a show this year. I'm glad its been a little on the cool side, the flowers last longer.

Planted asparagus today. The peas and lettuce are up and going strong. The strawberries are flowering. Dahlias are just starting to pop up. Lilacs and dogwoods are the next ones on stage. The show doest end around here until about Christmas. Even then I usually have something blooming in the yard. January and February is when my Heliabore garden goes into bloom. This is the best place to live for a garden/flower junkie.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 06:25AM

Funny I was just thinking how pretty it was outside my house... In Utah.

Date: April 21, 2014 07:29AM

You should see the rest of the country!

Date: April 21, 2014 08:56AM

I've seen the rest of the country. But there is something about the desert in the spring. It's very beautiful. I'm sure where you live is beautiful too, but I don't see the need to jab at Utah.

Date: April 21, 2014 06:33PM

I have a son, DIL and nine grandkids in Utah. I've been there several times. Come to Connecticut for a visit.

Date: April 21, 2014 06:40PM

No thanks. I'll enjoy my spring here.

Posted by: Ragnar ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 09:45AM

I've been to a few very different places in the world, and it's my opinion that Spring is beautiful EVERYWHERE!

I think that's partly because of the innate beauty of Spring, but also that Spring is the re-awakening of beauty and emotions after one gets tired of Winter...

Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 09:56AM

Meh...people like different climates, differences is what makes the world go round. It would be boring if we were all the same. Not sure why the need for jabs at Utah.

I have never lived in Utah, I don't particularly enjoy desert climates, I prefer lush green areas but my husband loves the desert. To each his own.

Now go smell your flowers and stop worrying about other people.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 10:49AM

In the spring when I visit my Mother in the mountains of Utah I walk a dirt road that a follows the creek for about five miles up into the mountains. The wild flowers are stunning, so many kinds I can't believe it. Wild sweet peas, wild currants flowering, cowslips, bluebells, and tons more I can't name. Sometimes I see Indian Paintbrush and Sego Lilies. One year I gathered them all for the centers of the tables at my sister's wedding. Prettiest centerpieces you have ever seen.

Apples and Oranges.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.