Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 08:38PM

On Saturday night DW and I went to a wedding reception with, essentially two groups present. There were the mormons and there were the latin Americans. Among the mormons there were no beards at all. Among the Latins only one young man. Among the Mormons all the women had their shoulders modestly covered. Among the Latin few were covered.

Today I note that at the church I attend about 40% of the men have facial hair. In the courthouse half the attorneys have beards. Interesting. At the exmo conference last October at least have the men had facial hair.

I am growing a beard myself - last razor blade got too dull.

What have you observed recently?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 09:21PM

Daughters wedding:
1/2 latin 1/2 Heinz 57

Women over 50 covered shoulders. Women under 50 strapless
I think my DH was the only guy with facial hair.

At least half the crowd had white hair. Lots of red hair, purple hair and misc.

The only person who didn't do the champagne toast was her TBM stepbro. The rest of us had a great time.

Oh yes, the only ones who didn't show or RSVP, were mormons.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2014 09:21PM by madalice.

Posted by: anonow ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 09:27PM

In my ward half the women have facial hair and only a few of the men have beards.

Date: April 21, 2014 07:33AM

But in the TBM ward here there are NO beards. Really true blue. I did see at the reception one renegade who wore a STRIPED shirt. I was shocked. This is a stake in which men don't just wear shirts and ties but jackets or blazers as well. And not just for serving the sacrament of because they are in the bishopric.

Posted by: BG ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 01:12PM

Had a nice shaggy beard and 1970s haircut. Would not have been able to attend classes at BYU.

The Church did a big flashy advertising campaign on youtube this weekend with a huge banner add for everyone logging in. I wonder what people say when they searched "mormon church" afterwards.

Date: April 22, 2014 08:48AM

He also wasn't wearing a white shirt and tie. He wore some sort of loose garment without legs. And no temple clothes. Not even a green apron. Nope. Kicked out of BYU before he could register.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 05:19PM

Anonow, "women with facial hair" that was funny! LOL

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 08:44PM

The day I left Ricks to come home in May of 1967 is the last time I shaved my upper lip.....except for the one time early in my marriage when I shaved off my mustache on a whim...and was told by my dear wife to grow it back ASAP!!

Ron Burr

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.