Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cwm31s ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 01:10PM

Today being Easter all the brainwashed TBM's on my Facebook news feed are posting the same thing, I believe it's called "becauseofhim" makes my anger boil over seeing them so much in love with the cult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 01:23PM

I know what you mean.

It's days like this when I really see I am a goat among the sheep.

The collective cultural memes are strong. People just repeat them automatically.

He is risen. Because of Him. Jesus Saves. Repeat ad nauseam.

Posted by: Mnemonic ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 02:01PM

I've found that the best way to deal with TBMs on Facebook is to unfollow them. That way you don't see their posts unless you go to their page to look at them. It sure has made my Facebook experience more enjoyable.

Posted by: cwm31s ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 06:24PM

The big alternative I use is just to hide their newsfeeds.. Keep them as friends but ignore their posts, if however someone really kept on relentlessly posting TBM stuff, then yeah an unfriend of their profile page would result.

Posted by: newnamenephi ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 02:15PM

#becauseofHAM

That's what we'll be eating in a few hours. :)

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 09:30PM

Actually I de-activated my FB yesterday. Too many postings that were difficult to ignore. Don't need it in my quest to be happy. May choose to re-activate down the road but will be SUPER selective in who I choose to be 'friends' with.

What pushed me over the edge were two recent happenings. One wasn't a big deal (stranger had gotten my email addy and emailed me ) The other was that someone hacked my FB account and sent out friend request to people who I do NOT want on my plate. I was notified that these people had 'accepted' the request. I didn't want to stir the pot by 'un-friending' so, since I was already questioning 'why' I was wasting time on FB, I chose an easier path. I just dumped it. Some family members may be (are) pissed at me. OH WELL....

Posted by: Solitary Loner ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 09:43PM

3 times, I was coerced into joining FB, and all 3 times, I hated it so much, I permanently deleted my account. I will never go back to FB for any reason whatsoever.

Posted by: outsider (not logged in) ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 09:37PM

This is a vain attempt to mainstream, and it won't work. Too much info online.

I don't facebook anymore, I found out that I really don't care about all the stupid sh!t that my friends think are super important.

Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 09:38PM

Most of those made me want to gag, I saw all the stupid becauseofhim posts from people who are so damn self righteous that it is disgusting. I unfriended quite a few of them, they aren't my friends anyhow.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 10:01PM

I keep doing that too. I create a page and then delete it again because I don't even use it.

Posted by: mew ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 10:11PM

I hear you. I finally stopped looking at facebook this weekend. Stop with the "because I belive" crap. My fav was "because I believe I can do hard things" Really?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.