Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Xorol Oliver ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 12:03PM

IN THE YEAR 1888, a woman named Xorol ("ksor-rawl") Richards was born In Salt Lake City. She was would later marry a man named Oliver, so her name became Xorol Oliver. She would become known as a very spiritual woman, believed by some to be a Visionary and a Prophetess. Many of her predictions came true. For example, when Adolt Hitler and the Nazis came to power in 1933, she said:

"Hitler will prove not only a destruction for Germany, but a destruction to most of Europe, and the doom of millions of innocent souls before he destroys himself by his own hand." ("Lecture on Kosmonic Principles", April 17, 1933, Berkeley, California)
Of course, Hitler proved the to be the destruction of Germany, and much of Europe, before he commited suicide in "The Bunker" in Berlin on May 1st, 1945. No Mormon leaders made any such prediction. Mormon leaders told German Mormons to stay in Germany, and the Deseret News, with its editorials always written by Mormon apostles, had only causiously positive things to say about Hitler and the Nazis before 1939. No leader of the Church ever predicted World War II. Xorol Oliver did.
Xorol ("ksor-rawl") grew up in Salt Lake City, Utah, but she married a man named Oliver, and they moved to Oakland, California, where she worked as a beautician. During the many decades in California, Xorol also gave various lectures on the subject she called "Kosmonism"; which she described as "the sum total of all religious and scientific truth in the cosmos". Xorol claimed that she was a "Clairvoiyant" and "Medium" and that she frequently communicated with the Spirit-World. Some of her lectures were recorded by stenographers. Xorol left a body of teachings she called "Kosmonism" which she said was "Spiritual Mormonism" and "the sum total of all spiritual and scientific truth in the cosmos". Some of her teachings include the following:

*The universe is full of planets such as Earth, and these planets are populated by various forms of intelligent and less intelligent life.

*All human souls lived on Mercury, and later Venus, when the Sun was smaller and cooler than it is today, and human souls will incarnate on Mars and the outer planets when the Sun becomes larger and stronger than it is today. Note: science has confirmed that the Sun was once smaller and weaker, and at that time, billions of years ago, Venus was in the "Zone of Habitation" and had oceans and presumably life. See ?????????????????.

*Joseph Smith was a true Prophet but later "fell" because of "carnal sin", and all his works after his fall were his own imagination and not inspired (such as the Kinderhook Plates, the Book of Abraham, the Nauvoo Teachings, etc.). Note: Some Mormon leaders believed that Joseph Smith ahd become a "fallen prophet", among them David Whitmer, Oliver Cowdery, Martin Harris, William Law (First Counsellor in the First Presidency in Nauvoo), William Marks (President of the Nauvoo Stake High Council), and Sidney Rigdon (Second Counsellor in the First Presidency in Nauvoo).

*Alan Kardec (founder of Spiritism) brought much truth to the world about the Spirit-World.

*Heavenly Father has lived mortal lives on this planet many times, as Krishna, Buddha, Oannes, and others.

*Jesus Christ consisted of two Divine Beings in one body, the Father, Who is the Holy Ghost, and the Son, the WORD of God.

*God is the Divine Mind of the Cosmos, and this Divine Mind has incarnated on millions of planets, and has occupied millions of physical and spiritual bodies.

*Jesus was resurrected with a spiritual body that can only be seen in visions, and not in his physical body which returned to dust.

*The Father and the Holy Ghost are the same Being. Note: this is taught in Lectures on Faith, the "Doctrine" of the Book of Doctrine and Covenants, which was removed in 1904. This is also taught in D&C 93:23 where the LORD tells Joseph Smith: "Ye were in the beginning with the Father, that which is Spirit, even the Spirit of Truth".

*The WORD of God, also called the Lamb of God, will incarnate seven times on this planet, as seven different men with seven different names born of seven different mothers. Note: John has a vision of the Lamb of God, in the Book of Revelations (Apocalyse), and the Lamb is depicted has having seven horns and seven eyes.

*The Book of Mormon is not historical, but a divinely-inspired parable about the white race and the "colored races" in America, and how the "colored races" will utterly destroy the white race in the 24th century. Note: DNA studies of Native American tribes in North, Central, and South America has confirmed they have no Semitic ancestry. American Indians are not the descendants of Lehi the Jew and Ishmael the Arab. Archaeological studies have thus far failed to produce any evidence that the Nephites existed.

*The Book of Mormon was not written by Joseph Smith, but by a group of monks who lived in Pennsylvania, and they chose Joseph Smith to bring forth their prophetic parable about America. Note: Xorol (ksor-rawl) was probably talking about the Zionitic Brotherhood, a cloister of Rosicrucian monks that lived on "Mount Zion" in Ephrata, Pennsylvania. They named themselves after Bible figures. The three heads of the Zionitic Brotherhood were always named "Peter, James, and John". They came from Europe to Pennsylvania in about 1650 A.D. They claimed to be heirs of "The Order of Melchizedek". The stated purpose of the Zionitic Brotherhood was to establish "Zion" (the City of New Jerusalem) in the New World.

*The Angel Moroni was not a supernatural being, but one of the monks from Pennsylvania.

*Adam and Eve were Egyptians, and the Garden of Eden was in Egypt.

*Our souls are copies of the soul of Adam, which is why whatever happens to his soul also affects our souls.

*The sin of Adam and Eve was not eating an apple or a fig, but sexual sin between a grandfather and his granddaughter.

*The rib, the talking snake, and the forbidden fruit are all metaphors and not to be taken literally.

*The fall of Adam caused all Adamic souls to die, so at physical death, these souls are not alive.

*The Book of Jonah (and the Whale) is not literal history, but a prophetic parable about the coming of Jesus (who lay in a tomb for three days and nights). Nineveh was a symbol of planet Earth.

*The Original Sin of Adam caused the souls of the Adamites to "die" in the Spirit-World. Adam returned as Jesus to atone for the Original Sin, so that His own soul and that of the Adamites may be rsurrected in the Spirit-World.

*The resurrection does not occur in the physical world, but in the Spirit-World.

*Human souls have lived on other planets before this planet, and will live on other planets after this one; one life per planet. She called this "consecutive incarnation".

*Man will visit the Moon, and later colonize Mars and planets in other solar systems.

*In the future mankind will not get energy from oil and coal but from water.

*Inverts (homosexuals) are males with female souls, or females with male souls.

*Hermaphrodytes are a male soul and a female soul in one body.

*Polygamy is an abomination in all cases except when the woman is barren.

*Negroes belong to a pre-Adamic race, and are not the children of Cain.

*Mankind evolved from lower forms of life.

*Adam was not the father of the human race, but of the Adamic Race; the race with facial hair on men.

*The Holy Ghost, who is our Heavenly Father, incarnated in Persia in the 19th century.

*The Spirit-World consists of seven planes. Note: The String-Theory of modern physics, which attempts to explain quantum mechanics, says that there are seven dimensions above the four dimensions of MEST (Matter/Energy/Space/Time). The String-theory is accepted by most physicists today.

*The soul has seven "tones" (like the musical tone-scale), and only those who teach the 7th tone shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

*The Kingdom of Heaven refers to the 7th Spiritual Plane. Xorol describes the 7th Spiritual Plane in her "Kosmonic" lectures.

*Jesus will come in glory in the 24th century and establish His Kingdom at that time.

*Jesus incarnated a 6th time on this planet in Persia (Iran), in the 19th century, and He came to Salt Lake City in September, 1912, as a thief in the night, but only a few recognized Him.

Xorol (ksor-rawl) continued her lectures off and on throughout her life, around the San Francisco Bay area. She passed away in 1952. Her life and teachings are only now being put into book form. The book will be published sometime in 2016, and available in New Age bookstores and can be ordered via Amazon.com and Barnes&Noble.com and so forth. It will be called Xorol: the New Age Prophetess.

You are about to read the true story of how the 6th incarnation of the WORD of God (Jesus) visited Salt Lake City in late September, 1912. He came "as a thief in the night". Now, a thief in the night does not knock on the door. He does not come announcing himself. He comes and goes unnoticed, and without waking up the sleeping inhabitants of the house. That is how Jesus came to Salt Lake City in September of 1912. He came for three days. Only a few Mormons at the time "recognized" Him. Xorol Oliver was one of those few. The Salt Lake Tribune did an article on Him, and even printed a photo of Him, for the 29 September 1912 edition of the paper.

There is an online article called "As A Thief in the Night" which is about this visitation to Salt Lake City in 1912.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 12:29PM

...this is a strange mix of the typical weirdness found in regular-strength Mormonism, blended with Baha'i to make an even stranger brew....like codeine cough medicine. You might get a buzz off it, but you'll end up throwing-up.............

....plus, this "Prophetess" was involved with "hair removal" services. Electroysis, hair depilation...like that. This is probably over the top for most folks on this board.......or, it might be perfect for that boring, dull Easter Sunday.
...call over the Bishop, and you can work out all the details and loose ends!!

http://www.google.com/patents/US1747643

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 06:48PM

Wow... I should not have been drinking a diet Pepsi while reading your reply. Shot it right through my nose! Too funny!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 01:12PM

Couldn't get past the Klingon-sounding name.....

Qapla'!

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 03:19PM

Yeah, that was a good space name.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 01:43PM

Lots of interesting things mentioned. Quite a mix.

"The soul has seven "tones" (like the musical tone-scale), and only those who teach the 7th tone shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven."

Are these the seven chakras???

Did she mean 'reach' not 'teach' the seventh tone?

I'm surprised this woman wasn't exed for lecturing with her ideas which do not support offical church doctrine. (Sorry, I forgot, there is no offical church doctrine, because "I don't know that we teach that".)

How did she get away with it?????

Date: April 20, 2014 03:15PM

She was inactive, which means nobody at the Church in her area knew what she was doing. My best guess.

Posted by: wackawackawacka ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 02:23AM

She converted to the Baha'i faith from mormonism

Posted by: Xorol ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 09:26PM

She invented electralysis? News to me.

Date: April 20, 2014 10:38PM

Somebody wrote:

Lots of interesting things mentioned. Quite a mix.

"The soul has seven "tones" (like the musical tone-scale), and only those who teach the 7th tone shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven."

Are these the seven chakras???

Did she mean 'reach' not 'teach' the seventh tone?

My comment: Seems there is a correlation between her "7 soul tones" and the 7 chakras, but she taught that when you die, if your soul has a soul-tone of "1" then you basically stay in the phsycial plane without a physical body (i.e. ghost), a soul-tone of "2" and you wind-up in the lower astral plane, a "3" the higher astral plane, a "4" etc. Did she reach or teach the 7th Soul Tone? I have no idea. She certainly taught that those who reach the 7th soul-tone enter the Kingdom of Heaven at death, which is the 7th Spiritual Plane, which she describes in a few of her lectures. Basically, the 7th Plane is where your words/desires become thought-forms, or, in other words, you creat your own "world" or environment. Similar to the Mormon doctrine (or...what used to be Mormon doctrine..."I don't know if we teach that, I don't know if we emphasize it!") about creating one's own planets. But the 7th Plane are not physical planets, but a dimension. I suppose, in that dimenions, if you wanted to create "planets" you could, since anything you want to create with your mind is created. Sort of like a very vivid dream that you control yourself, according to what I've gleaned from her lectures.

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 10:54PM

Today is Easter, but fruit cakes should only be shared during the Christmas season.

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 11:10PM

For some reason my head hurts.

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 11:49PM

did xorol say anything about her very own peep stones? sounds like she could have joined the unarius ufo cult from san diego. yawn.

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 09:59AM

...I used to go into the Unarius bookstore to look for odd books. Ruth used to sit in her big chair surrounded by pretty girls. There were always attractive girls hanging out with Ruth.......go figure.

...more wackiness there, too.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/interplanetary_confederation_day_with_the_unarius

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 02:55AM

I take umbrage at the idea that just because someone is attracted to their own gender that somehow their soul is the opposite gender. I'm not an "invert" I'm exactly the way I was meant to be. A MALE who likes MALES.

Posted by: Red X ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 03:10AM

Buried in all the far-out spiritual jive of Sister Xorol's discourse is one of the most deeply concealed, and fiercely guarded, secrets of mormonism:

"The Book of Mormon was not written by Joseph Smith, but by ... a cloister of Rosicrucian monks that lived on "Mount Zion" in Ephrata, Pennsylvania... [who] chose Joseph Smith to bring forth their prophetic parable..."

Date: April 21, 2014 09:58AM

She once said that mankind would no longer get their energy from oil or coal, but from water. If you separate water molecules, you get hydrogen.

Posted by: amos2 ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 10:14AM

They're bound to seem right sometimes.
The Hitler prophecy, for example, was not inconcievable even many years before WWII. It reminds me of the Civil War prophecy in the D&C. It seems impossibly specific, but in reality it was on the spectrum of foreseeable outcomes.
There were precedents in history already.
Also, believers tend to cherry pick and refine the context after the fact, and indeed one thing you need to rule out is whether the prophecies were invented afterwards.

Date: April 21, 2014 06:08PM

There is nothing in the recorded lectures about any peepstone or crystal ball that she used.

While it is possible that she could have guessed in 1933 that Hitler would lead Germany and Europe to ruin, how could she have guessed he would commit suicide? Megalomaniacs usually don't do that. Other things she said, and I've seen it, about Venus once having oceans (now confirmed by science), and other things, seem supernatural to me.

Date: April 21, 2014 06:28PM

Here is something interesting I found in her lectures:

"Know assuredly that the Soviet state and its children will fall like leaves in Winter. Know assuredly that China will abandon also the Maoist system, and become the envy of the Capitalist countries" (Kosmonic Lecture, 6 August, 1938, Berkeley, California)

Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 07:23PM

Maybe you should write a book about her...she sounds a tiny bit like AnnaLee Skarin.

Date: April 21, 2014 09:35PM

I'm in the process of writing such a book XOROL: The New Age Prophetess. Should be out in about a year or so. I'm going to try to find a New Age publisher. But, if they don't bite, I'm going to self-publish and offer the book via Amazon.com . Her lectures are absolutely fascinating stuff.I got them from a Baha'i who used to be a Mormon institute instructor way back when they first started Institutes of Religion. He got them from one of her descendants. Absolutely mind blowing stuff. Haven't found anything that contradicts science yet. No false prophecies yet, but many things that seem to be fulfilled or may be in the future.

Date: April 21, 2014 10:52PM

Annalee Skarin taught "Immortality" that we can be "translated". Well, she wasn't. She was buried under one of her pen-names. Xorol Oliver taught that "translation" simply means the Astral Body leaving the physical body, the Body of Dust, and dust always returns to dust.

Posted by: bentleye ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 11:43PM

A couple of years ago I bought a some main stream news magazines like the Atlantic and Newsweek from the day my Mom was born in November of 1934. It was a birthday present for her. Its easy to find readable old magazines on ebay and places. Anyway, of course I read them and of course they seemed sort of prophetic. They talked about Hitler and Mussolini and facism in japan and the Soviet state. They knew that the war against Franco in Spain was a shadow war with world facism and they saw the world war coming as well as weaknesses in the Soviet system. It is the same in more recent times. Informed people were well aware and predicted what kind of quagmire the Iraq war would be. It didn't take any prophetic gifts. It was only a mystery to the Bush administration. I had a Hebrew teacher when I was growing up that said the a Prophet is really just somebody with a keen understanding of the present and past, and a flexible mind.

Date: April 22, 2014 10:13PM

A Medium once told methings about my life and about my mother that she could not have possibly known. direct things, such as "Your mother says you have a brilliant mind" which my mother used to say, but I never told this medium that. Also, she said "Your mother says last night your father ate noodles with butter while he sat in a brown chair watching TV". That was exactly correct. I did not even mention my father tothe Medium, nor that I was living with him, nor that he ate noodles and butter while sitting in a brown chair watching tv.

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: April 22, 2014 11:09PM

So called mediums often have a knack for sounding very specific and in reality are speaking in very general terms. They let their clients do the leg work and fill in the blanks.

Even if a broken clock is right twice a day, it is not something I would use to tell time.

Posted by: Alpiner ( )
Date: April 22, 2014 11:18PM

I can't tell if this is really good satire or really bad marketing.

Posted by: Paidinfull ( )
Date: April 23, 2014 03:37PM

Dear X,
Different versions of string theory predict different numbers of dimensions - 11 are possible, so are 10 & 26. Quantum mechanics is accepted by physicists. String theory is just that. Seems that the 7 planes or tones is in line with the Hebrew importance associated with the number rather than any correlation to contemporary science.
New Testament gospels state Jesus ate with his disciples & Thomas was offered to place his fingers in the wounds from the crucifixion, ie, corporeal resurrection.
Jesus as "the new Adam" is from the epistles of Paul.

Date: April 23, 2014 09:55PM

The String theory with 11 dimensions is the most popular. Also, there is something called "Dark Matter". Nobody has seen it, but we can "see" its gravitational effects upon normal matter. That is substantiated by the movement of stars in galaxies, etc. Staying that Xorol "guessed right" is possible. Also possible she was inspired of God.

Posted by: Paidinfull ( )
Date: April 24, 2014 12:06AM

That's M theory, but like other iterations of string theory, it's only a theory. You have to add 4 dimensions to get to 11. String theory is a projection; there is no empirical evidence for strings as there is for quantum mechanics. Far more likely she based the number of her tones on the Biblical importance of 7, starting with the 7 days of creation through to the seven trumpets in Revelation, rather than anything revealed to her.
Just as Smith did, she plagerized from Paul's epistles. Smith couldn't prophesy his way out of a hat. He wasn't a fallen prophet but a false prophet & a fraud. Xorol saw Jesus in SLC? So much for the second coming of Christ. Better if she saw him instead in everyone she met.
Hairspray is Xorol's day contained chlorinated solvents like 1,1,1-tetrachloro ethane & sometimes methylene chloride along with toluene, MEK, butyl acetate plus accelerants. Xorol like all beauticians then spent a great deal of time high as a kite. Mix that with engrained mormon restoration stories & a touch of delusion & your prophetess is revealed.

Posted by: armtothetriangle ( )
Date: April 24, 2014 01:41AM

Xorol Oliver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> *All human souls lived on Mercury, and later
> Venus, when the Sun was smaller and cooler than it
> is today, and human souls will incarnate on Mars
> and the outer planets when the Sun becomes larger
> and stronger than it is today. Note: science has
> confirmed that the Sun was once smaller and
> weaker, and at that time, billions of years ago,
> Venus was in the "Zone of Habitation" and had
> oceans and presumably life. See
> ?????????????????.

The planet is getting pretty crowded today. She said ALL human souls, past, present, future, resided on Mercury then Venus, even though both are smaller than earth. Probably an explanation for six feet tall Quakers is in there somewhere, too. If I'm not mistaken, when the sun was smaller and weaker the planets didn't exist, but I'm probably nit picking.
>
> *The Book of Mormon is not historical, but a
> divinely-inspired parable about the white race and
> the "colored races" in America, and how the
> "colored races" will utterly destroy the white
> race in the 24th century. Note: DNA studies of
> Native American tribes in North, Central, and
> South America has confirmed they have no Semitic
> ancestry. American Indians are not the descendants
> of Lehi the Jew and Ishmael the Arab.
> Archaeological studies have thus far failed to
> produce any evidence that the Nephites existed.

That's one long parable. But parables were used to illustrate principals so the BOM's point was racism.

> *The Book of Mormon was not written by Joseph
> Smith, but by a group of monks who lived in
> Pennsylvania, and they chose Joseph Smith to bring
> forth their prophetic parable about America. Note:
> Xorol (ksor-rawl) was probably talking about the
> Zionitic Brotherhood, a cloister of Rosicrucian
> monks that lived on "Mount Zion" in Ephrata,
> Pennsylvania. They named themselves after Bible
> figures. The three heads of the Zionitic
> Brotherhood were always named "Peter, James, and
> John". They came from Europe to Pennsylvania in
> about 1650 A.D. They claimed to be heirs of "The
> Order of Melchizedek". The stated purpose of the
> Zionitic Brotherhood was to establish "Zion" (the
> City of New Jerusalem) in the New World.

Roman Catholics ordained priests to the Order of Melchizidek long before 1650, and still do. The establishment of Zion in the new world was the Pilgrims' purpose, evidenced by the names of their settlements. Am surprised she did cue in on Melchizedek as an incarnation of Christ.

> *Jesus incarnated a 6th time on this planet in
> Persia (Iran), in the 19th century, and He came to
> Salt Lake City in September, 1912, as a thief in
> the night, but only a few recognized Him.

Not surprised only a few in Salt Lake could recognize him in 1912. They still don't recognize him today.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.