Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: April 19, 2014 10:33PM

What did Jesus say to Pontius?
Can you put me up for the night?

Your turn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 19, 2014 10:36PM

T-Bone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What did Jesus say to Pontius?
> Can you put me up for the night?

You got me to smile...

(Very clever, T-Bone. :D )

Posted by: mistress of v ( )
Date: April 19, 2014 10:38PM

A ten year old public school boy was finding fifth grade math to be the challenge of his life. His mom and dad did everything and anything to help their son...private tutors, peer assistance, CD-ROMs, Textbooks, even HYPNOSIS! Nothing worked.

Finally, giving up they enrolled him into a small Catholic school to await another destiny.

At the end of the first day of school the boy walked in with a stern expression on his face, and walked right past the parents and went straight to his room -and quietly closed the door. For nearly two hours he toiled away in his room -with math books strewn about his desk and the surrounding floor. He only emerged long enough to eat, and after quickly cleaning his plate, he went straight back to his room, closed the door, and worked feverishly at his studies until bedtime.

The parents were not sure if they should comment on the boys extra efforts for fear of him losing this new found fervor, so they seemingly ignored it. This pattern continued ceaselessly.

One day the first quarter report card came out. Unopened, he dropped the envelope on the family dinner table and went straight to his room.

His parents were petrified. What lay inside the envelope? Cautiously the mother opened the letter, and to her amazement she saw a bright red "A" under the subject, MATH.

Overjoyed, she and her husband rushed into their son's room, thrilled at the remarkable progress of their young son!

"Was it the nuns that did it?", the father asked. The boy only shook his head and said, "No." "Was it the one-on-one tutoring? The peer-mentoring?", asked the mother. Again, the boy shrugged, "No." "The textbooks? The teacher? The curriculum?", asked the father. "Nope," said the son. "It was all very clear to me from the very first day of Catholic school."

"How so?", asked his mom.

"When I walked into the lobby, and I saw that guy they'd nailed to the plus sign, I knew those people meant business!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2014 10:43PM by mistress of v.

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: April 19, 2014 11:36PM

It has now been proven that Jesus was married! He is not the only husband that has been murdered after going out drinking with his 12 friends!

Posted by: Solitary Loner ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 12:22AM

The term "Zombie Jew" always gets a laugh from me.

Date: April 20, 2014 12:30AM

You know why Jesus couldn't keep a girlfriend?
Because it took him 3 days to rise again.

Date: April 21, 2014 11:48PM

Help, I've been crucified and I can't get up.

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: April 22, 2014 12:17AM

Please remember: We are not laughing AT Jesus; we are laughing WITH Jesus.

And if Jesus does not appreciate our Jesus Jokes, he always has the option to strike us dead instantly.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: April 22, 2014 12:24AM

beyondashadow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please remember: We are not laughing AT Jesus; we
> are laughing WITH Jesus.
>
> And if Jesus does not appreciate our Jesus Jokes,
> he always has the option to strike us dead
> instantly.

true that!

gotta wonder if He lurks here?

plenty of time to kill before the much vaunted second coming ya know

Posted by: IDRugger ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 02:05AM

Old rugby drinking song entitled Jesus can't play rugby. Always good for a laugh.

Date: April 20, 2014 03:03AM

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 03:57AM

As a kid, I used to think I'd be denying the Holy Ghost and become a son of perdition if I laughed at a Jesus joke. Effin' cult...

Date: April 20, 2014 04:43AM

How bad could relocation as far away as possible from the Kolob Eternal F*ckfest Orgy be. Really!

Years back I informed my TBM parents that I qualified for Son of Perdition status. My mother did not agree for some reason. Probably because it tarnished her personal resume'. Begatting multiple Sons of Perdition (qty 3 plus 1 lost daughter) doesn't sound like a very impressive rendition of "No Success Can Compensate For Failure In The Home."

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 04:22AM

If Jesus is all powerful, is it possible for him to microwave a burrito so hot that he himself cannot eat it?

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 07:39AM

When Jesus was on the cross, he cried out “Peter!”

Peter, who has retreated some distance away because of the horror of the scene, heard his master’s voice and started to run up the hill. He soon encountered a huge crowd, and began pushing his way through as he once again heard “Peter!”

As he got close to the cross, a Roman soldier held him back, but with almost super-human strength and determination he pushed the soldier back and stumbled forward as he once again heard Jesus cry out “Peter!”

As he reached the foot of the cross, he fell to his knees, overcome with emotion and exhaustion. He looked up and said, “Yes, Lord?” Jesus said “Peter…..I can see your house from up here.”

Posted by: from the 5th wife ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 08:04AM

Why cant Jesus eat M&M's, they fall through the holes in his hands

Posted by: from the 5th wife ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 08:25AM

If God and Jesus were playing chess, who would win?

Posted by: Davo ( )
Date: April 22, 2014 03:15AM

Depends on which had the white and delightsome army.
White wins, black loses.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 09:33AM

Jesus walks into a bar with a parrot on his shoulder, the bartender says "Hey buddy, where did you pick that up?" The parrot responds "Jeruselem, they're everywhere!"

Posted by: redpill ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 09:55AM

Jesus is the head of the mormon church.

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 11:58AM

We have a winner!

Posted by: lapsed ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 01:15PM

Three dumb guys were in a bar talking about their favorite holiday.

The first one said: "My favorite holiday is Easter, because that's when you decorate a tree and a fat man comes down the chimney and gives you presents.

The second one said: "That's not Easter! Easter is when you have a bar-b-que and go to the parade and then watch fireworks at night."

The third one said: "That's not Easter, you idiots! Easter is when Jesus died on the cross and then they put him in a tomb and 3 days later he came out, saw his shadow and we had 6 more weeks of winter."

Posted by: Redneck Wonderland ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 02:23PM

Not my jokes... Found elsewhere on the web

Jesus Christ walks into a hotel. He hands the inkeeper three nails and asks...

"Can you put me up for the night?"

_-_-_-_

What's the difference between Jesus Christ and an oil painting?

You only need one nail to hold up a picture.

_-_-_-_

Jesus and Moses were strolling by the Red Sea, when Moses nudged Jesus and said, "Psst. Hey, Jesus, I've still got it."

Moses turned towards the Red Sea and lifted his staff on high. The angels began to sing, the gentle sea breeze turned into a raging gale, and the waters of the Red Sea were parted. Moses lowered his arms and, with a smug grin on his face, turned back to face Jesus.

Jesus scoffed. "Moses, my boy," said the Messiah, "I have still got it." And with a flourish of his robes, Jesus stepped onto the waters of the Red Sea and began to stride across without so much as a ripple.

But to Moses' amazement, halfway across the water, Jesus suddenly began to sink. He splashed into the water and began to choke and flounder as the waves tossed him around. Moses grumbled at Jesus' sillyness and parted the water once more. Moses helped Jesus back to shore, as the Saviour hacked up salt water.

When they had finally reached shore, Moses slapped a consoling hand on Jesus' shoulder and said, "Don't worry about it, Lord. Last time you tried it, you didn't have holes in your feet."

_-_-_-_

Posted by: terrydactyl ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 02:31PM

The Pharisees bring an adulteress woman before him and ask 'how should she be punished?' And Jesus replies 'let they that are without guilt cast the first stone.' Then a stone comes flying out of the crowd and hits the woman in the head. Jesus looks into the crowd and says 'Mom, knock it off'.

Posted by: richardthebad (not logged in) ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 05:43PM

What did Jesus say when they pulled the nails out of his hands?

(arms flailing) "THE FEET, THE FEET!"

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 06:27PM

Why didn't Jesus become a carpenter?

He wasn't comfortable with nails and wood.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2014 06:27PM by donbagley.

Posted by: somnambulist ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 08:46PM

Jesus from the cross: "What a way to spend Easter vacation."

Posted by: Lostmypassword ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 08:58PM

Pilate asks Joseph of Arimathea “Why did you give that Jesus guy your tomb?” “No problem,” said Joseph. “It's just for the weekend.”

Posted by: Redneck Wonderland ( )
Date: April 22, 2014 07:44PM

No sweetheart. Jesus rose from the dead, but he's not a Zombie. And drinking his blood every Sunday doesn't make us Vampires. Let's go get ice cream!

http://www.barnorama.com/wp-content/images/2011/04/B1474/05.jpg

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.