Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 02:08PM

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1243367,1243427#msg-1243427
"I really don't understand exactly what you are saying Elder Berry. You're trying to beat down TSCC for actually doing something that makes some sense? How about beating them up for all the things where they don't budge at all?"

Where is the revelation for their stance and policies about their control over their member's abortions?

I think MCR kinda got my point.
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1243367,1243984#msg-1243984

Just because a religion does something humane doesn't validate it in my opinion at all. This is to me like saying well, this powerful controlling entity in my society does a lot of good and people really enjoy participating in its programs and the social networking it offers and..

The Catholic Church does a lot of good but I think it is wrong and does a lot of bad with regards to birth control.

At least it is consistent. Consistently wrong but consistent.

But LDS Inc. isn't even consistent AND it has "continuing revelation" up its sleeve.

So where is the revelation on abortion? God seems to think He can tell Joseph when a human is accountable to Him but not if abortion is acceptable in His sight?

Can we disregard the deaths of all babies and children from the womb to age 7?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 20, 2014 12:25PM

When are Mormons going to leave the most obvious lie LDS Inc. tells them?

That they have a prophet that doesn't "preach" their gospel and clarifies nothing important in the world for them.

If LDS Inc. wants to be all that they are, at least do it honestly. Drop the ruse that they have any kind of prophets, seers, or revelatory powers.

This big lie rubs me wrong. I've heard all about what Mormons think is good in their religion but stop singing "Follow The Prophet" in your primaries. You never mention anything worth following that the current man has to say. I never hear anyone quoting Thomas S. Monson. He must not have much to say on things like homosexuality, abortion, euthanasia, recreational drugs that even remotely smacks of "revelation." And they aren't adding to their scriptures just editing the Hell out of them.

You get what you paid for in Mormonism - a building and some people to interact with in it. You are on your own. I personally won't give 10 percent of my income and my free time to what LDS Inc. has to offer. Even if they gild their buildings with "continuing revelations" that never happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2014 12:26PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 01:14PM

I think people got hung up on the politics of your statement, and tried turning what you said into something it wasn't. I didn't see you making an assertion either way on whether or not you agreed with their stance (in that respect, your post was rather neutral), just that you were pointing out the contradictory nature of the LDS stance and doctrine. It is just another one of those screwy things in the mo church that you have to accept if you want to be in their club. If you think about it too much, it is just going to make your head hurt ;)

Date: April 21, 2014 11:42AM

It does. My head hurts every time something Mormon-y comes up my head hurts in regards to it being a belief system and a religion.

My head doesn't hurt when I am faced with events in my family that relate to a "powerful controlling entity in my society" that my family "really enjoy participating in its programs and the social networking it offers and.."

I get that. I'm not happy about it because like any club or social circle promoting bigotry and traditional conservative biases and prejudices I understand that I am tolerating a club, a social circle, a political party etc.

But a religion?????

It patently is not one. The times my family actually talks about beliefs and "the spirit" my head hurts because they seem to be running to LDS Inc. for things it cannot offer them.

They put the religious things away and take them out when they want to bolster their participation and convinced themselves they are doing good in LDS Inc. and they aren't.

LDS Inc. isn't encouraging them to help their fellow human regardless of belief but clean the church toilets.

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 01:30PM

...I thought abortion was a traditional Church doctrine. After all, didn't Brother Joseph have a "doctor" on retainer?......

..."Dr. John C. Bennett's Health and Reproductive Services Clinic."

...Call 1-800-Aborto-matic for FAST FAST service! Walk-ins always welcome!! New patients get free consultation!! References available! We take the worry out of incest!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.