Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 09:37AM

...to any religion, not just mormonism..

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pope-breaks-rules-as-he-washes-feet-of-disabled-people-in-pre-easter-ritual/

"Francis' decision in 2013 to perform the Holy Thursday ritual on women and Muslim inmates at a juvenile detention center helped define his rule-breaking papacy just two weeks after his election. It riled traditionalist Catholics, who pointed to the Vatican's own regulations that the ritual be performed only on men since Jesus' 12 apostles were men."

Now...I'm no Catholic and I don't think that the Pope is God's "Vicar" (spokesman) on Earth. I think the Pope is just another man.
His willingness to "break the rules" is a good thing so. It's gets the religious leadership....and then its followers to think less about the dogmatic practices of their religion and more on the overall message.

Mormon leaders have already said that their leaders were "wrong" in the past. Hopefully, the mormon faithful will be able to see the light signing their the cracks of their idiotic dogmatic practices..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 09:39AM

I'm not catholic nor have I have been but I do have to say I like how this pope appears to be. He seems very human and it's nice to see a human seeming church leader.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 10:13AM

I like how some catholic priests....WAY down the food chain from the Pope and the vatican, had million-dollar homes...and now their top leader lives in a modest apartment...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.