Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 12:21AM

The sister missionaries came by our house tonight to drop off cookies and share an easter message. My husband took the plate of cookies but said "no thanks" to the easter message. One problem. We are a family of 7 and they brought over a measly 6 cookies. Further evidence to me that they don't give a crap to actually know us. I wish I would have been there to ask who wasn't worthy of a cookie. Morons!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 02:03AM

Perhaps somebody gave them wrong info; is one of yours an infant?

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 02:07AM

Maybe they could not afford more than 6 or maybe they ate them on the way over.

Posted by: Anonfosho ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 02:50AM

Maybe they didn't know you were such a bitch? If you were offended by the cookies maybe your husband shouldn't have accepted them . Mmmmkay.

Posted by: amos2 ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 08:31AM

Date: April 18, 2014 08:55AM

Umm...we have repeatedly said we don't want contact. We live in a small ward, up until the end of last year both my husband and I were in presidencies, we were one of the only large active families. We have five children all teens and preteens. We are a well known family. These sisters have been over to our house numerous times when we were active but we have made it clear that we have no intention of coming back to church.

The bringing of a half dozen cookies to share with the apostates who have suddenly gone off rail, whose callings they can't fill was a hollow attempt. It was laughable because it was merely a temp to spy on us. We get near daily contacts and this one was laughable. So thanks for calling me a bitch without even knowing the story.

I don't think I'm a bitch for being annoyed that people showed up at my house without an invite, I personally think that is a bitchy thing to do. But hey thanks for your pathetic response.

Oh and my husband didn't know what they were because they were on a paper plate wrapped in tissue paper. They just kind of threw them at him and tried to come inside.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2014 08:56AM by roslyn.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 08:16AM

They don't know you. They are merely doing as they are told. Desperately clinging to any chance of getting someone to listen.

They are kids. Hanging on for dear life.

So who didn't get a cookie? ;)

Date: April 18, 2014 08:56AM

No one. My daughter insisted on sharing with me.

Posted by: Brother Zelph ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 08:29AM

No amount of baked goods can change the fact that Mormonism is a fraud.

Posted by: amos2 ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 08:41AM

I personally find cookies to be a patronizing, trite custom. It's practically the symbol of unwanted Mormon contact. It makes us look mean if we're not interested in their "message". It makes them look innocent and benign. It's just one of a variety of childish practices like talking in cutsie tones.

Date: April 18, 2014 08:59AM

Exactly!!! Thank you. It was hollow. It was merely a gesture with nothing behind it. It's like the dinner invites we've been getting from people who have never invited us out to dinner before.

I just want these people to leave me alone and we have made it clear. We live in a small midwestern ward. Only about 100 people come on a given Sunday so it's not like they don't know that we don't want to be contacted.

Yes we look like the bad guys, we've left them without enough people and I don't care. Had I know they were leaving cookies I would have told them no thanks.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 09:05AM

If they can't bring enough cookies, they need to skip bringing them. That was rude and ungenerous.

In my opinion it's stingy to bring a plate with only one cookie per person. Almost no one eats only one cookie with a glass of milk. It takes at least two to come out even.

Posted by: woobitywoo ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 09:08AM

The missionaries have good intentions. They are just brainwashed. I was in that situation once. I remember truly feeling so bad for inactive members because I thought they were losing their salvation. The bitterness and general meaness demonstrated on this board sometimes makes me not want to be associated with the ex-mormon community.

Date: April 18, 2014 09:13AM

We have been very nice to them every time they stop by unannounced. I do feel bad for them but it also ticks me off. Once our oldest, and still active, child leaves for college we will be resigning. Hopefully then the contact will end and hopefully once he is away from the church people he has grown up with he will move away from the church. But right now resigning isn't the right option for us. We have though been very clear that we will not be returning to church. The missionaries have been told this too.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.