Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonforthis ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 10:48PM

Came across this today, someone I know heavily involved with this, but what is it? and why is it confidential? Is it just the updated form of the old huge book with everyone's in the wards records? And does this make it easier for them to keep track of naughties?

this person works tscc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anontoday ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 10:51PM

It contains the recorded conversation of every Bishop's interview with every member of the church, since the practice was started in 1973.

Or it's just a list of all the current Relief Society recipes for cupcakes.

Posted by: anon for this ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 11:02PM

No way. I saw the big book in my house when dad was ward clerk and I know it was in the lates70''s. They do not record everything, no way!!!!

Fuck. Are you serious? I can see it now .......shit. Talking about blow jobs and smoking pot and masturbation. And i'm a female.

Oh and the whole oral sex thing. So does that mean every interview at the bishops house too?

Nah, there is no way. That means we could go back and sue tscc for their treatment of my sexual abuse, etc.

I get that they do that now, but in the 70's?

Posted by: AnonX ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 12:31PM

I think the previous poster was poking fun. Or maybe it really is the Relief Society cupcake recipes.

Isn't it crazy that someone can even believe something said in jest like this? It's just that so many things in moism are so crazy, so outside societal norms, so deceitful, that in the case of this church, this could be true.

Posted by: anon7539 ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 11:18PM

It could be referring to the digitization of old paper-based and microfilm records from the confidential records repository. I know people who were involved in digitizing all patriarchal blessings years ago and heard it mentioned that confidential records was the next large paper-to-digital conversion job. I believe a large portion of the records are disciplinary court proceedings.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 11:30PM

It is one of the many ways that Jesus expresses His love.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 07:05AM

The only other person that would keep those kind of records is Santa Clause.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 07:27AM

Posted by: Infrequent Observer ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 12:22PM

It is online version of the record keeping for church discipline, excommunications, and name removal. In the old days, when any action was taken that effected membership, a form was filled out and attached to a physical membership record. Now it an electronic record that only Bishops and Clerks can log into (probably higher ups as well). I believe it is also used to track actions like cancellation of sealings so divorced people can remarry in the temple, etc.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 12:59PM

Won't that be fun when some bishops kid sees the password written down in dads book of passwords.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 01:38PM

madalice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Won't that be fun when some bishops kid sees the
> password written down in dads book of passwords.

Totally. Some unauthorized readers have presumably gotten into the records when they were in book form as well, but the potential would seem much worse with electronically stored records.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 10:47PM

Yeah, all of your sins end up on the www because some genius twelve year old hacked the church computers. Then you'll have people data mining to get lists of women who have certain fetishes, or child molesters looking for new victims who have experience. Let TSCC explain that. "... I don't know that we keep records like that".

Posted by: Rusty Shackleford ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 11:47PM

The usual records are stored in electronic form now. Births, marriages, childbirths, disciplinary actions, etc. They even keep track of people who are listed as "do not contact" by choice or because a bishop/branch president has chosen to blacklist them.

Posted by: nonforthis ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 11:52PM

So does that mean that us resigned mo's are still in this computer database?

I would imagine yes. But isn't that illegal or whatever?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.