Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sharapata ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 12:49PM

http://first-avenue.com/performer/desert-noises

Yes, Alan Osmond's youngest son has apparently turned into quite the black sheep, now at age 24, no mission, and touring with a band that has "distanced themselves from the religion".

Alan is arguably the most militant TBM of the original Osmond family (worse than even Donny, IMHO) and all seven of Tyler's older brothers have gone on missions, married, and otherwise have toed the Mormon line in lockstep.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 12:55PM

good for him!

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 01:18PM

Looks like he is the smartest of the bunch.

Posted by: mew ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 01:06PM

No surprise. I have had my suspicions about marie.

Date: April 17, 2014 01:20PM

Marie is interesting. I would think that if she were a true believer then "Mormon God" would have already solved her continuing weight issues. I like her when she's fat. She's more relatable to me.

Date: April 17, 2014 02:02PM

She needs to get real. Stop pretending. I like her, would like her so much more if she would not toe the line. Can't say she is or isn't but how can she go through the sh!t she has and still believe in mormonism?

Date: April 17, 2014 05:04PM

I don't think she really does believe. I think it's probably just another cultural perk for her at this point.

Date: April 17, 2014 05:08PM

Hey there Tupperwhere, I came back for some reading after a well needed nap from the bantering this morning. lol. I agree, I don't think she believes because she rarely volunteers info publically. I've been watching her on 'The Talk' when she fills in and she is funnier than all, but some things she says make me wonder. Anywho, is she still living in UT county?

Date: April 17, 2014 05:12PM

I think they have an Osmond compound there or in Utah somewhere. I don't think Donny believes either. Back in the 80's, he came out with his own album and he was trying to get motley crue to endorse it. Or they did endorse it, I can't recall the details, but you could tell he was trying to be as much "non" Mormon as possible

Date: April 17, 2014 05:16PM

We think we are messed up? Think about how the Osmonds must feel if they are non-believers. I can't imagine that stress and pressure. I wonder if they'll all come out non-believers when they decide to be finished performing and no longer need the LDS crowd.

Date: April 17, 2014 05:18PM

I don't think they ever will. The were raised on the "perks" so I don't think they can handle anything less at this point. Believers or not.

Posted by: Simply ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 04:14AM

If there was an Osmond compound in Provo, it would have been on Osmond Lane, where many of them lived during the 80s. The vast majority of Osmonds have moved away.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 13, 2015 02:21PM

I pretty certain he believes.

http://donny.com/my-beliefs/

Posted by: desertwoman ( )
Date: May 13, 2015 07:14PM

A few months ago Donny was interviewed on KNPR, a Las Vegas public radio station. From what I heard directly from his voice, he still believes. He gave a typical testimony about his religion that, I believe, he likely gives to all generic gentile audiences.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 04:53PM

Wow, an Osmond did that? That's amazing. But look how many of them there are. All of those people and they finally got one who refuses to tow the line.

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 05:03PM

Makes one wonder if Tyler were approached in the right way, he might volunteer his band to perform at an Ex-Mormon conference/gathering. You know come and celebrate and help highlight the experience. Just a thought.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 05:09PM

I think smoking a bowl before the performance is a clue that this band is 'distanced' from mormonism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oETW99JTkmM

Posted by: Nevermo1. ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 05:18PM

Actually what shocked me about Marie was how she stood by the church when her son tragically passed.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 05:37PM

I don't know about Marie being an unbeliever. She seemed like she was moments away from a meltdown when she and Donny did that interview with Joy Behar and Joy said that the Book of Mormon musical was "the greatest show I've ever seen." That was a tense interview. Marie Osmond reminds me of my TBM mom.

Date: April 17, 2014 05:44PM

you could be right, but she also knows where her perks and tax writeoffs come from

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 05:50PM

That's true. I'm sure she's smart enough to know which side her bread is buttered on.

Posted by: Brambleberry ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 05:48PM

I love Marie to death! She is so independently thinking…I notice she keeps saying ' we are saved by GRACE'…that is very un-LDS…and I like that…I like the way she supported her gay daughter and went on Ellen's show….and she obviously does not dress to church standards…she does her own thing…and still has a good heart…good for her.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 07:01PM

Marie is walking a thin line. She has a certain niche which years of being in the entertainment business has created for her.

Ever wondered what "really" is the unforgivable sin in Mormonism? It's if a public person like Marie were to apostatize. No one would forgive her. Even her own family would disown her for discrediting the church publicly.

She would be a leper.

I don't think she believes and it doesn't matter to me. She has had a tough life and I wish her every happiness, fat or skinny.

I do miss the original Marie Osmond smile, though.

Kathleen waters

Posted by: Atheist ( )
Date: May 12, 2015 11:46PM

You all need to brush up more on your facts. I don't believe in any religion and I can tell that you guys are overthinking every single thing that you see. I have a friend that knows Tyler and even though he has "distanced" himself doesn't mean that he's not on good terms with his family. He still has a good relationship with them and they all respect his choices. In fact Tyler still sings with his brothers when he can and a lot of the time they sing a couple religious songs.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: May 12, 2015 11:52PM

Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You all need to brush up more on your facts. I
> don't believe in any religion and I can tell that
> you guys are overthinking every single thing that
> you see. I have a friend that knows Tyler and even
> though he has "distanced" himself doesn't mean
> that he's not on good terms with his family. He
> still has a good relationship with them and they
> all respect his choices. In fact Tyler still sings
> with his brothers when he can and a lot of the
> time they sing a couple religious songs.

It appears as though Tyler googled his name, since there has not been a comment in a year.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: May 13, 2015 10:12AM

Tyler didn't get the Osmond look did he? I can't pick him out of any of the videos I just checked out.

Posted by: bass ( )
Date: May 13, 2015 10:21AM

He plays the bass guitar, sings harmony...

Posted by: Drumstick ( )
Date: May 13, 2015 12:40PM

Here's what Marie really thinks about men and Mormonism..
https://youtu.be/QuSde2jGhm8

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: May 13, 2015 12:59PM

What is with the mother Hubbard shawl on a young woman?

Posted by: Belle ( )
Date: May 13, 2015 01:54PM

That just gives me the creeps.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.