Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 09:09PM

I read of this as well.

My first thought was of the Lafferty brothers.

Killing the children so that they get a free ride to the celestial kingdom.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pyewacket ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 09:12PM

I'm gonna need help understanding how the now ex husband didn't know.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 09:30PM

Both FOX 13 & KUTV 2, reported that the ex-husband just spent the past 8 years in a California prison on drug related charges.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 09:17PM

I am guessing mental illness. A normal person wouldnt have seven babies she didnt want and she certainly wouldnt keep the bodies around.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 09:19PM

I hope this amplifies real LDS old school doctrine when it is in the media.

Date: April 13, 2014 09:21PM

How do we even know she is a Mormon or if she is that it has anything to so with what happened?

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 09:25PM

bona dea Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How do we even know she is a Mormon or if she is
> that it has anything to so with what happened?

White, in Utah, probably crazy, and given birth to seven kids. I think labeling this woman "Mormon" is a pretty safe bet.

Date: April 13, 2014 09:26PM

Or not.

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 11:39PM

deco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bona dea Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How do we even know she is a Mormon or if she
> is
> > that it has anything to so with what happened?
>
>
> White, in Utah, probably crazy, and given birth to
> seven kids. I think labeling this woman "Mormon"
> is a pretty safe bet.

It is not so much that she lives in Utah, 61% Mormon, but that she lives in Utah County 81.2% Mormon. I am not taking a stand either way, but the odds in in the favor of this woman being Mormon. I don't even like to drive through Utah County. Dating someone that thinks it is a good idea to live in Utah County is out of the question.

I am willing to wait to make judgment, but you cannot blame a person for at least having the question come up.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 09:19PM

I think calling her a slut is a little harsh. Mentally ill? of course

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 09:31PM

Tupperwhere, that was my thought. She's at least 7 kinds of criminally insane but if they were all her ex-husband's, that doesn't really speak to her being a slut.

Also, Huntsman is a pretty common Mormon name - although that doesn't make her a Mormon.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 09:23PM

it's a shame that people can breed without permits.

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 09:31PM

This story is truly gut wrenching. I don't understand how any adult can be so irresponsible, but sadly it happens more than reported. Mental illness on behalf of the accused, seems very likely. Otherwise, why?

Posted by: Alpiner ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 09:27PM

Some at-a-glance research suggests that her ex-husband is a minor criminal - busted on shoplifting, fencing, and drug charges a decade ago.

I'd wager they're not LDS.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 09:28PM

Odd story. Wasn't there a horrible smell? How does one hide seven pregnancies taken to full term? How could the husband not have known? Other relatives?

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 09:30PM

apparently the husband wasn't around until just recently. I heard he was in prison for awhile but I don't know for sure. But you're right, it's weird that other relatives or friends didn't notice.

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 09:53PM

That's so sad!!has this made the national news yet!??

Posted by: oceanluvr ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 10:29PM

Cousin to my wife.

Date: April 13, 2014 11:09PM

I think she was referring to those who were slut shaming and assuming she is Mormon. There were a number of them and I found it uncalled for at this point. Everyone who kills babies isnt a religious nut.Every time someone in Utah commits a horrible crime,someone on the boards jumps in to ask if they were Mormon.

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 11:27PM

My apologies to jane..i assumed before i read your response. This is an extremely unique case. It has shaken many within and elsewhere of utah and many others. So tragic and i have been deeply saddened by the innocent,helpless, lives that were taken so selfishly. I don't know the details, like the rest of this board. Just a hard crime to read and hear about..

Posted by: Krampus! ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 11:58PM

could you imagine just how awful it would be, living with the guilt of that skeleton in her closet. If I were her, I would have killed myself a long time ago. I wonder just how horrible she must have felt.

Posted by: beevis ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 12:00AM

I think in her case, it would be 7 skeletons in her closet.

Posted by: lush ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 12:21AM

This MAKES ME ILL

Date: April 14, 2014 02:52AM

And the fact that she packed them in boxes and kept them in her home doesnt give you a hint that maybe there was mental illness at play?Most sane murderers get rid of the bodies so they won't get caught. Not to mention the fact that decomposing bodies stink.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 03:06AM

My first apartment after my wife and I were married in 2008 was only about two blocks from the house. She doesn't look familiar to me, but we didn't live there all that long, and she may have changed.

It seems a fairly safe bet that mental illness was involved. Incredibly sad for everyone! I feel for the surviving daughters and wonder what horrors to which they may have been subjected. I can hope that there were none, but it stands to reason that anyone who could kill so many newborns wouldn't have been be the most competent parent to her living children.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.