Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous Lurker Guy ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 04:05PM

So I was sitting around playing video games when the group of priests came around to try and reactivate me. After letting them in and talking to them for a few minutes, I finally kicked them out. At this point, having receiver four letters, a book, and multiple visits from the church I'm getting upset. What should I do?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sincere9 ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 04:15PM

I talked to my bishop and told him my family needs privacy right now in order to work through our issues with the church and to pass it along. It actually worked. We haven't had much love bombing.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 04:19PM

Wow. That's a big group. They're totally counting on group-think bringing you back. You need to tell whoever was in charge of that outing that they need to back off and give you your privacy.

Posted by: nationalnewscampaign ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 04:21PM

I'm trying this approach with the "love bombing" right now:

Telling them I care about them too and that I would like them to take the time they were going to spend visiting me, with their family instead. And stressing the point that their callings don't leave much time to spend with their family.

Might not work with kids though....

When missionaries come we refuse to talk to them, but with neighbors I want to plant subtle seeds of apostacy. And to be able to keep living in my neighborhood.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2014 04:32PM by nationalnewscampaign.

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 04:21PM

Tell 'em that you heard the church has a really good welfare program and you might be needing it in the future! You'll be letting them know when you need them!

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 04:26PM

Type up a bulleted list of all the problems with tssc, and provide facts for each point. Ask them to provide a written response to each point. Give each one two copies, so they can ask others to help. you will become a danger to their delicate little testimonies and they wont be back. You might sow the seeds of doubt and create a new exmo.

Posted by: Anonymous Lurker Guy ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 04:52PM

I like that one, I think I'll give it a try. :)

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 05:32PM

...tell em' "After you heard about the Monson fraud case, you can't trust them anymore."

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 05:54PM

You might watch this video: The Top 10 Problems with the Mormon Church http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ac_fLUHiBw&feature=youtu.be

Make an outline with the facts. The information there is good.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 05:20PM

I have seen some written responses posted here, but the beauty of bulleted points is that you see the info at a glance. And once words are seen and comprehended it is hard to unring that bell. It would be nice to provide morg web links and be able to email the list. maybe you can ask for the email addresses of those who visited you? It would be a nice resource, perhaps Susan can put up a sticky with arrangements to email the doc.

I am getting all excited about how many testimonies can be shattered!!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 06:12PM

Ask them to use their magical priesthood power to win the video games.

Ask them to give you a blessing for enlightenment. Then when they are done, act all crazy like you're possessed or something. Demand they leave or Satan will appear.

They won't come back. It's fun to mess with them. You'll become a faith promoting legend for them to tell their grand-kids about. Hahahaha

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 06:24PM

Letter from the EQP the other day - (I had sent the guy a letter before Christmas just saying hi): "I got a letter the other day in return: Hi ____, We got your card a while back, and I'm just now getting back to you. I hope you're doing well. ... I look forward to the day that you decide to come back to church permanently, every Sunday, and partake of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Your friend, ____"

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 06:27PM

Posted by: Mnemonic ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 07:54PM

Call the bishop and see if he is home. Tell him you will be right over to see him. When you get there place the book and letters on his front porch, spray with lighter fluid and light. Ring the doorbell. When he answers the door tell him that is what you think of his church.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 07:59PM

"No thank you. I'm busy and not interested in entertaining drop-in guests."

Also, you write a letter of complaint or phone and complain to the bishop. Include what you wrote in your post when you communicate with him. I'm sure he wouldn't like these same smelly drop-ins showing up on his porch and expecting immediate entry.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.