Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 03:12PM

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/314025/how-did-harry-reid-get-rich-betsy-woodruff

"He had managed to get $18 million set aside to build a bridge across the Colorado River between Laughlin, Nev., and Bullhead City, Ariz., a project that wasn’t a priority for either state’s transportation agency. His ownership of 160 acres of land nearby that stood to appreciate considerably from the project had nothing to do with the decision, according to one of his aides. The property’s value has varied since then. On his financial-disclosure forms from 2006, it was valued at $250,000 to $500,000. Open Secrets now lists it as his most valuable asset, worth $1 million to $5 million as of 2010."

Anybody know anything about this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 03:15PM

I haven't heard about it. But since Harry uses the bridge to get back and forth to the property he purchased, he owns the bridge, right?

Call Clive Bundy and the militia to protect Harry's bridge. He's been using it for years now - it's his bridge!! :)

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 03:19PM

Good one!!!

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 05:36PM

Pretty sure Harry isn't the only one who uses the bridge to get back and forth. It's a pretty populated area, especially on the Arizona side, so it benefits many, not just Harry.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 05:41PM

I did not see that coming. Got me. :)

Well, he's a co-owner. Everyone else can swim across.

Posted by: procrusteanchurch ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 05:45PM

Reid is very adept at getting funding. He once procured earmark funding for a project I was working on. Around that time, the legislature decided to ban earmarks. I was concerned about the impact it would have on my project, but when I spoke with Reid's staff, they assured me the earmark ban would have zero impact. They were right. I was glad because I felt my project had significant societal value. However, it made me skeptical that anything would ever be done to actually reduce wasteful spending by the government.

I didn't interact with Reid very often, but I found him to be very personable and pleasant to interact with.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.