Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: hotchi ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 01:52PM

Today was my brother's indoctrination into beginning a teacher. But my parents are making me attend so I can be supportive. However, my brother and I are both sitting in our pews with our fingers in our ears trying to silence the noise from other peoples kids. My question to regular posters is twofold:how do you put up with crying whining screaming youngsters and why does the new church buidings not contain a cry room? And a second question: how does the bishop not lose his hearing? Then again, he's probably so old he can't hear then anyway.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gizmo ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 02:02PM

They don't have cry rooms because they are cheap. Everything about a ward building is stark, and utilitarian. No frills of any kind. Nothing to make life easier.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 02:04PM

they do too have crying rooms..it's called the mother's lounge. I hate other people's kids. Especially the screamy ones.

Posted by: apawst8 ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 03:20PM

WiFi was down for F and T meeting this morning. Nearly unbearable. Luckily, it came back on during the second half and I was able to surf my way through the meeting.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 03:38PM

Bored and unhappy children have a tendency to cry and fuss. There's a Sunday lesson right there.

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 03:39PM

bingo//

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 04:07PM

I am a nevermo and when I first heard there is no place for LDS parents to take a crying, fussy child I could not believe it. At my church we stare people down if the crying and fussiness last more than two min. We don't put up with it. They get the message and out the kid goes. I do NOT go to any church where babies and fussiness annoy me as I try to get something out of the message and enjoy the singing, etc. You all should walk out with your entire families and then I bet they would do something. And if they still don't it is a great reason to never go back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2014 04:08PM by honestone.

Posted by: jdawg333 ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 04:37PM

The church is so proud that there is a 70-minute meeting that you can attend with the whole family! Why would you want to separate them do to a crying child? ;)

Posted by: stormaggedon ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 04:44PM

Parents in TSCC have this crazy idea that is somehow beneficial to force their young children through an extremely long meeting, thus not wanting to take crying children out. Somehow forcing a two year old to sit through the meeting will make them more spiritual.

Posted by: nationalnewscampaign ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 04:51PM

I had to attend a sacrament meeting awhile back because of a family thing. I went with a never-mo who became just about apoplectic and beside himself because of all the crying, kids running up and down the aisles, people playing games on their cell phones, people coming in and out of the meeting, nobody paying any attention to the speaker. My friend was barely able to wait until the car was out of the the chapel's parking lot (he explained later that he didn't want to swear on the property of a church, but that he thought he could now make an exception for the Morg) to say to me, "WTF was that?!!"

My never-mo friend had grown up in the morridor and attended a protestant church. He never seen anything like a Mo sacrament meeting. He wouldn't have believed it if he hadn't seen it for himself.

I also heard some TBM from cache valley on "wait wait don't tell me" one morning. She won something and made a comment about how she had time to do crossword puzzles and get good at these sorts of quizzes during church. There was this embarrassed silence from the show's host, who then asked, "Don't the minister and the congregation notice and object?" and sister TBM said no and shrugged it off as if it were completely normal to do something else during church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.