Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Poopedf ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 12:44PM

Last night I watched the report on the Unification Movement mass wedding. Those poor kids are in for a rough ride. One couple was Japanese/African and neither could communicate with the other in a common language. The guy was so anxious he got physically sick. Some had only been introduced to each other for a few days before they were married. Then, after the wedding, they had to wait another 40 days to "get together". Messing with peoples' lives in such a way is heartless. Almost as bad as LDS, Inc. encouraging Mormons to marry young, breed early, and exclude non-Mormon family members from the most intimate right of passage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: hausfrau ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 06:24PM

Yes, I caught parts of it. I feel bad for the couple who didn't speak a mutual language between them. That same woman forgot her husband's name!

I was also thinking that their marriage ceremony made Mormons looks boring.

Edit, oops looks like I didn't read the OP very closely... But truth is stranger than fiction, isn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2014 06:26PM by hausfrau.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.