Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: brotherjoseph ( )
Date: April 12, 2014 11:37PM

Just when things were getting cozy between the only true church and monolithic institutions, comes a fellow spouting ancient beliefs about freedom.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Cliven+Bundy

Will the church haul this hardened cowboy into a Court of Love and teach him to honor, obey and sustain the law of the land?

This man thinks he's living in 1880 America:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkWljeiAhYI

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2014 11:45PM by brotherjoseph.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: procrusteanchurch ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 12:15AM

This guy has annoyed me since the story first broke. Can't say I was too shocked to find out he's Mormon. Any idea what his calling is/was? Seems to me, he has the right temperament for a stake president.

Posted by: federalism ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 12:18AM

the States should own their own land and the States should provide most government services. Not the Federal Government.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 12:42AM

federalism Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the States should own their own land and the
> States should provide most government services.
> Not the Federal Government.

While I see your point, many natural wonders would cease to exist for any of us if the states had the right to do whatever they pleased with every resource landing within their borders.

Posted by: exmo59 ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 01:26AM

Good point. This is why there should be no private property. All should be controlled by the feds, so nobody does something with their land that would prevent others from enjoying it. And I suppose if a whole state is too stupid to protect their land, a whole country could be also. Maybe property should be controlled by a world government.

I just cut down some big old pine trees. I expect I should have left them for others to enjoy.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 01:56AM

> I just cut down some big old pine trees. I
> expect I should have left them for others to
> enjoy.

No, unless you want to leave them up for others to enjoy, you should cut them down. If, however, all pine tress were cut down, that would be a problem.

I personally think some states probably are too stupid to manage things for themselves. The feds may not be a whole lot better, but we need to have at least some protected land.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2014 01:57AM by scmd.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 11:48AM

We tried the super weak federal government experiment very early in our history and it was a disaster.

Posted by: Transitioning out ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 11:58AM

Exactly. It took the Federal Government to end slavery, pass civil rights legislation, allow women the right to vote, protect our water and food supply, etc... In many ways local government is less effective and more corrupt. Good riddance to Federalism.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 12:26AM

I'm sure There is a certain senate majority leader who would love to preside at his court of love and execution for fucking up A china solar farm deal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2014 12:28AM by cheezus.

Posted by: MOI ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 10:32AM

Hairy Reed. That snivelling, effeminate sack of dog vomit. Ya, I heard about his power/land deal with China. Leave Bundy alone and go after THIS cocksucking bastard.

Posted by: mew ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 12:30AM

Harry reid should be the one getting ex'd. He is a top notch piece of crap only a mormon when he's up for re-election. Bundy was in the right. That was their land before BLM even was BLM. I am glad BLM backed down.

Posted by: he was right ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 12:33AM

the endangered species act and corrupt senators to take land from one and give to another usually lining the pockets of their friends, and contributors along the way.

Almost all land west of Colorado is under Federal control.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 11:49AM

So if they're taking it and giving it to their friends, why is it government land?

Posted by: mew ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 12:35AM

Yeah, when the tortises are fine and have lived with the other animals forever. The cows were doing nothing. This is all about reid and his agenda and the feds trying to flex their muscles. :). It's so dumb. I agree.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 01:24AM

:(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2014 08:49AM by Shummy.

Posted by: Krampus! ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 04:15AM

do you have any idea how rediculous that sounds?? I think that you still have some gullibility you need to overcome. why the hell would one euthanize a thousand endangered tortoises instead of just letting them go. This sounds like something off of Alex Jones.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 01:42AM

When I was kid we called it public land. Now they call it BLM land like the BLM owns it.

It boils down that the banks (the ones the taxpayer bailed out) have bought enough politicians they captured the government. It's why supreme court judges and politicians have the "corporations are people" attitude.

Anything public the corporations now think they own and they can do whatever they want.

Posted by: Krampus! ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 03:30AM

no way. Bundy belongs to the unofficial political party if the mafia-cult. His actions could lead to full scale civil war, and they would honor him for it. The cult will nit admit it, but they are a political puppet.

Posted by: Paidinfull ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 04:07AM

Well, since we're going way off relevant topic -
Why didn't the bum pay the grazing fees for 20 yrs? Or put up a fence? This guy is not a hero or a victim. He's a freeloader.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 09:09AM

He sounds like a freeloader to me.

He's redefining what a Welfare queen looks like. :)

Posted by: Tyler ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 02:18PM

This is what a Welfare Queen looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 11:24AM

Absolutely right. If others pay, then he needs to pay.

That's the Mormon entitlement.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 08:41AM

The government shouldn't be taking or harassing his cattle.

We need to get what red meat we eat from our own ranchers and not importing it from South America.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 09:51AM

The man needs to be arrested and imprisoned until trial. His cattle should be rounded up and sold to reimburse the government, an easement put on his property until all is settled. I was really disappointed that the feds backed off.

The church needs to excommunicate him.

His land? His family's land? It belongs to native Americans.

Last night DW was carrying on about him and his evilness. I said, "He's LDS, you know. You should ask yourself if this is appropriate behavior for an LDS guy." Her mouth just sort of hung open.

Date: April 13, 2014 10:29AM

The fight is between rights of Americans vs the police state, NOT his religion. What the fuck's his religion got to do with it? This was just a 'poke' from the government thugs to see how much we will take. If he'd have lost, we'd eventually lose ours.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 11:14AM

a fight about the police state? I really think that's going too far. info wars fan much?

Date: April 13, 2014 01:56PM

Damn right! LONG LIVE ALEX JONES! Thank god for people who take a stand.

Date: April 13, 2014 02:00PM

I have a little respect for him. But 90% of the stuff he scare mongers people about never actually happens. I bet his bank account is quite fat though! Marshall law was supposed to already have happened. A couple of years ago actually. I would hate to live that way...always skerred, always "planning"

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 02:16PM

Posted by: Tyler ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 02:11PM

Too far?

Yeah, I'm sure it's just our imagination that police officers look like Swat teams, small towns have armored vehicles built for war zones, and the NSA is nothing but an internet quality control agency.

Date: April 13, 2014 02:12PM

he should have paid his bill!

Date: April 13, 2014 02:18PM

I could easily buy into your paranoia except for the fact that this is only one incident. If I fell into the trap of fear mongering, this would be happening on every block. Alex has been ranting and raving for years that "this" is what would happen. I'm still walking around free. No one has taken my house. I don't need a gun. Someone didn't pay his bills and now he's surprised and crying uncle. It's okay to be prepared in case something like that DOES happen, but worrying about it and spreading fear mongering doesn't really accomplish much. I hope you have paid your bill on Godlikeproductions this month. :)

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 12:16PM

Bundy is merely another mormon attention whore who thinks the world revolves around him.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 12:40PM

Could this whole deal be because the fed government would expect to actually get paid by a solar farm rather than this freeloader?

This guy would have a much stronger case if he paid his bills.

I think he belongs in jail for theft. This is not a state right vs federal right thing. This is a simple crime. Bundys cattle ate the US governments grass and he has sold them and profited from it without paying his bills. He belongs in jail.

The solar power thing is meant to confuse this issue. I have no problem with it, and think we should exploit solar power. If it is owned by the Chinese, at least we know that we will be paid, unlike with Bundy.

Date: April 13, 2014 12:45PM

I agree. He's playing the persecution card just like any other Mormon does. He knew the rules but figured he was above them and is now facing the consequences. I don't like that they killed his cattle though. That seemed unnecessary. But so does all of this hype over him. Drudge seems to be jacking off to it as well as Alex Jones.

Posted by: Ihidmyself ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 01:50PM

If there is any justice in the world the church will KEEP him IN Mormonism and make him a bishop or something.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.