Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 09:40AM

I heard there aren't even frogs or bugs or fish, or life of any kind, in the thousands, even millions of gallons of water circulating through it's fountains and "streams".

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NoToJoe (unregistered) ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 04:02PM

He told me that the CCC Macy's is the second worst performing store in the entire Macy's company and that the only reason it stays open is FREE RENT. In fact he claims that many of the high-end stores at CCC pay no rent. Tiffanies, and Apple operate totally rent free. I guess that was the only way they could be lurred to open shop in a mall that is closed Sundays.

Posted by: brother not of jared ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 09:58AM

Whatever happened to "If you build it, they will come" (and spend their money like the faithful idiots we all know them to be).

Could the Profit and the 12 Apostates have been wrong about their prophecies, seeing and revelating about the Mall?!?!

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 11:46AM

Next? They've been bursting for decades.

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 04:01PM

+ a million!!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 04:21PM

It wouldn't bother me a bit if the malls went extinct. They are a blight on the landscape, and they run thousands of lights twenty four hours a day. The lights waste electricity and turn the night sky orange. I live near one, and I can't see half the constellations of stars on a clear night.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 04:59PM

I have always hated shopping as an adult and steer as clear of malls as I can get. So I would love to see them go away too. But I'm also very interested in how people live in an organic sense. Mall shopping is so artificial. I was bound to disappear. But people do need to buy food and other items. It seems like the age old "Market" in the center of the community is how people really want to meet those needs.

One of the things that has been such a boon and yet such a terrible invention is the car. It allowed us to spread out just far enough that we've broken the naturalness of that kind of small scale system.

Posted by: Chloe ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 10:37AM

Most regular Mormon families cannot afford to shop at the upscale shops in the mall.
No more than they could afford to buy at the old ZCMI

It only goes to show ow out of touch with reality the old geezers at COP are if they expected this to change.
Prophets, my ass.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 10:48AM

(once more) the Mall is an appendage of the Condos; No Condos > No Mall.

they built the Mall for the convenience of the upper-crust, some of whom they believe will lease a condo.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 11:08AM

if they'd stop taking everyone's 10% then maybe those someone's could actually afford to shop there. I could barely afford to eat at the food court.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 11:28AM

I do everything I can to avoid going to Utah, but next time I'm there, I'm looking forward to going to the mall.

I'll be very aware of how many people are carrying shopping bags vs looking. I'll just be looking.

Even Nordstrom won't get my business at that location. They are Seattle based and I've been a pretty decent customer since I was 17. (More Nordstrom Rack to be honest) But I will not spend money at that mall as a matter of principle.

Date: April 13, 2014 11:30AM

it is a really nice mall. I went there about a year ago and it was like a ghost town. The most people I saw were at the food court (people working downtown eating their lunch mainly) Everywhere else, it was completely dead. I used to work across the street when it was the ZCMI/Crossroads mall. Back then, it was always busy, tons of people. Not so much now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2014 11:30AM by Tupperwhere.

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 01:42PM

I visited the mall a few weeks ago when I was in SLC. I live in the SF Bay area, and while it was a nice enough mall, I was not impressed. Okay, so it's got a stream of water, but I saw nothing special. All the same mall stores as anywhere else. Not very many people there for a Saturday afternoon. Our local malls are swamped on weekends, so I try to avoid them those days.

Date: April 13, 2014 01:43PM

it's NEVER busy. I was there on a Friday afternoon/evening. Complete ghost town compared to normal malls

Date: April 13, 2014 01:49PM

I think the posts about CCM being slack Might support my hypothesis: aimed at attracting Richie Rich (+ his widow) to the condos; Total Snob Appeal pimping

Date: April 13, 2014 08:13PM

oh, they've made it very clear who they want their shoppers to be

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 01:53PM

"And Jesus said, blessed are the wealthy who buy fine apparel and
spend lavishly on amusements."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2014 01:54PM by baura.

Date: April 13, 2014 02:04PM

+ about a MILLION!

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 02:12PM

Subsidies, subsidies, subsidies

and the occasional gushing flack piece in the DN.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 07:53PM

You've got your newspapers wrong. And Flack never "gushes" about the Mormons any more than she gushes about observing Ramadan. Which she does.

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 08:34PM

If you want a thriving economy, you have to have a large and prosperous middle class.

The richest people in the top 1% simply cannot buy enough goods to keep an economy going, for that you MUST have a large segment of the population.

Apparently, the eggheads at COB do not understand how scamming people out of 10% of their earnings impoverishes Mormon families.
Or maybe they do understand and they just don't care.

Date: April 13, 2014 09:00PM

I think they know but there line of reasoning is that if you are poor, it's your fault because you're not obeying the Lard enough. The top Mormon families all have a billion kids, a nice house and money to burn. I don't think the top 15 can even fathom anything else.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.