Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: April 11, 2014 11:37AM

my younger sister and dad have to go see her attorney on Tuesday at 3pm. The whole issue is complicated and I'm not involved. Are there any good places to eat at in Brigham City!!??

Thanks for the help everyone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: iris ( )
Date: April 11, 2014 11:42AM

The Maddox was pretty good when I went there a couple of years ago.

http://www.yelp.com/c/brigham-city-ut-us/restaurants

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: April 11, 2014 11:57AM

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: April 11, 2014 02:38PM

Maddox is always busy. I've tried going a few times, but the wait has always been over an hour and there's never any parking. We never stuck around to eat.

Posted by: PeacePrincess ( )
Date: April 11, 2014 03:49PM

Have you tried the Drive-in on the north end of Maddox, rather than trying to sit down at a table inside?

Other places to consider are: the BC Taco Time, which is one of only two Taco Time locations I know of that has delicious "Casa Sauce" for dipping your Mexi-fries (Tater Tots) into; Beijing Buffet, next to Deseret Industries; Floribertos, an authentic Mexican diner; Peach City, a 50's-style diner just north of downtown; and some of the usual fast-food joints, some along South Main, and some clustered in front of Wal-Mart on US Hwy 91 toward the Interstate.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 11, 2014 11:45AM

Yup, go to Maddox! It's really the best BC has to offer

Posted by: flyfisher ( )
Date: April 11, 2014 01:14PM

Maddox is over priced and overrated! I only eat there when someone else is buying!

Although there are not many choices here. El toro viejo is pretty good Mexican food. Hunan village isn't to bad Chinese. Idle isle cafe or Moore's family diner are IMHO better than Maddox. Just my two cents.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: April 11, 2014 01:29PM

haven't been to Maddox in years. They used to serve great chicken and terrific stakes and there was always a line to get a table. Perhaps they have not been able to preserve the standard set by the originator who, I understand, gave up on Mormonism back when it was not such a "normal" thing to do..especially in Brigham City.

Posted by: flyfisher ( )
Date: April 11, 2014 01:40PM

I'm not sure about that but I do know they are closed on Mondays so families can be together for FHE.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: April 11, 2014 02:13PM

I LOVE to eat in Brigham City. During peach season. At one of the roadside stands.

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: April 11, 2014 02:15PM

Maddox,Peach City and Call's Drive In

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: April 11, 2014 02:35PM

Is the Idle Isle still open?

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 11, 2014 02:46PM

it is but the last time I went it wasn't very good :(

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 11, 2014 03:56PM

I used to go to Maddox all the time, but not as often anymore. I went a year ago for lunch and it was good. No, it isn't as good as it used to be, but it is still good. Lunch is much more affordable than dinner.

Last time I went to Peach City, I didn't like it. It had changed owners. I've been told it has improved since.

My sister really likes the Mexican placed listed above.

My friends own Idle Isle, but I haven't been there in YEARS, so I don't know how good the food is. I do go purchase Idle Isle chocolates across the street quite often though.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.