Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mark ( )
Date: April 04, 2014 04:08PM

I came across the following quote by Elder Dieter Uchtdorf today.

“…Remember that in this age of information there are many who create doubt about anything and everything at any time and every place. You will find even those who still claim that they have evidence that the earth is flat. That the moon is a hologram. It looks like it a little bit. And that certain movie stars are really aliens from another planet. And it is always good to keep in mind just because something is printed on paper, appears on the internet, is frequently repeated or has a powerful group of followers doesn't make it true.”

As I read it, I realized he is right.

Just because something is printed on paper (BOM, POGP, D&C), appears on the Internet (LDS.org, Mormon.org), is frequently repeated (I'd like to bear my testimony, I know the Church is True, I know Joseph Smith is a True Prophet...), and has a powerful group of followers (Such as multi-generational Active LDS Members, as well as powerful and wealthy Members such as Harry Reid, Orrin Hatch, Bob Bennett, Mitt Romney, Jon Huntsman, Jr., Bill Marriott, Kevin Rollins, David Neeleman, countless Mormons who are agents for the CIA, FBI, Department of Homeland Security, etc, etc, etc)....DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE.

Well said, Mr. Uchtdorf, well said.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 04, 2014 04:10PM

I don't know that it was well said by Mr. Uchtdorf but just simple common sense. It's too bad Mr. Uchtdorkus can't apply the same logic to his own beliefs

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.