Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Moderator ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 12:52PM

Continuing thread...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pathway ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 12:53PM

Moderator,

It might be nice to have a sticky of City Worker's comments on the case without everyone's commentary.

Posted by: dialectic ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 12:56PM

think 'interested' has already done it - not a sticky yet.

Posted by: anowow ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:13PM

It also might be best if cityworker did not interject his own reactions into the report. It was sometimes hard to tell if it was the lawyers who said something or him.

Posted by: Satan Claus ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:10PM

PDF of it is here: http://www.mormonthink.com/files/fraud-case-2014-03-14-live-blogging.pdf

Thanks to cityworker and his mate on the inside!

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 12:58PM

So apparently TSM worked out an arrangement to send barristers in his place. And this hearing wasn't anything like I thought it'd be. It was a pre-trial trial, not a reading of allegations and plea entered by defendent.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:08PM

It has been likened to a Grand Jury hearing here in the US. Which is a trial to determine if enough evidence exists to bring the case to trial wherein guilt or innocence will be determined.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:10PM

Posted by: nomoreguilt ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:02PM

Thank you cityworker and your mate, done a great job keeping us informed and I am very grateful, enjoy your curry.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:06PM

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:14PM

Heidi GWOTR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> n/t

Absolutely agree!!!

Thank you for a magnificent job on a V-E-R-Y (!!!) difficult "assignment."

Your work today is deeply appreciated by us all.

:)

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:12PM

Not a word in the Trib this morning, at least not on the web site.

Ron Burr

Date: March 14, 2014 01:15PM

I wouldn't expect them to write anything up until after the court determines if enough evidence exists to bring the case to trial and which court will be handling the trial. Until then, they're nothing much to say. But I'd love to be proved wrong!

Posted by: Etenot logged ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:13PM

Hosannah! hossannah! to Tom and his clan! (Waiving white handkerchief)

Posted by: smo ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:31PM

I'm lifting up a bloody mary in celebration, and you just made me snort some of it out with your hosanna shout! Thanks!

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:38PM

LOLOL!!

Posted by: UK Kid ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:16PM

After ten years of lurking on this board I have to say I've never known a day like today. Thanks to Tom and his team and to Cityworker and his pal. We are witnessing history in the making. Absolutely AWESOME!

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:20PM

It's like the Super Bowl and our team is UP!!!!!

I want to paint my face in gray, which has to be our RfM color, and the Mormons can paint their faces half white, half black to symbolize their world view....

Gasp.

I have been tweeting news channels asking why they are not covering the criminal prosecution of Mormons for fraud in the UK.

I encourage all of you who are lifting the virtual champagne glasses that these liars are FINALLY --FINALLY-- called to account by the law..take action and post/tweet/email/facebook demanding that news services cover this day of justice --or--

day of infamy--however they see it, but cover it they must.

I want the entire world to hear these weasels insist that a picture of Joseph Smith pseudo translating the Book of Mormon is an accurate representation of the origin of their primary product.

Think of the legal case just announced where the vendor was selling two sizes of green beer, the larger being twice as much. One patron discovered that both plastic glasses held the same amount of beer and sued for $10,000 for fraud.

His attorney said the vendor represented the larger cup to contain more beer, which was untrue, even though patrons could see both cups, the one being a tad taller.

The vendor lost.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:46PM

How did the owner not know that we are all past the concrete operational stage? Piaget would be disappointed.

Posted by: hayduke ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:21PM

Wow! Thanks for the energy and effort of those of you keeping us up to date! Exciting!

Posted by: cityworker ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:26PM

few more tidbits...

The LDS Law team all declared in Court that they will back out of the Summons decision date next Thurday 20th.

They said probably a new person will turn up, the Magistrate/judge said it did not really matter anyway. The decision will be given on 20th.

Posted by: cityworker ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:31PM

also the time taken was 10am to 16.30 - 6.5 hours (minus whatever breaks)

Posted by: ICEMAN ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:45PM

Thanks so much "City"

Do you know the name of the presiding Magistrate in today's hearing?

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:33PM

Wait, what? The LDS lawyers were only showing up for the one session?

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:41PM

When shit hits the fan, you leave the room.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:40PM

Holy Mary mother of god, LDS inc's legal team is dropping the case?

Posted by: Truth B Told ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:42PM

Yeah.. what could be the purpose behind this? Is this an attempted stall tactic?

Date: March 14, 2014 01:43PM

Wow. What a surprise (not being sarcastic here). They didn't seem to grasp the case and their defense was pretty lame and now they're bowing out and sending someone else in. I'm sure there's a back story and I'd love to know what it is, but from here, it looks flacid.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:34PM

Monty Python doin the hosanna shout.

Surreal.

Posted by: shannon ( )

Friggin' A Shummy! Woot!!!

;o)

Posted by: utahlegal ( )

There was a reference to the Church's law firm as being Devonshires. I think this is the firm's website: http://www.devonshires.com/

Can anyone identify who the lead lawyer was? I'd like to pull his bio on their website.

Posted by: redpillswallowed ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:42PM

Posted by: onestepcloser ( )
Date: March 14, 2014 01:43PM

I think courtesy of Catholicism at the very least we have seen what an institution can get away with because "the law has not jurisdiction over religion". No religion would ever take advantage of that for financial benefit or to abuse children. Never ever.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.