Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: deco ( )
Date: March 12, 2014 04:54PM

Are they tagged as outsourced overseas? Honduras, Vietnam, Phillipines?

Made in the USA? What a contract to land for a manufacturer. Not sure what a set of them retails for now, however, certainly a monopoly situation.

If the garments are manufactured by LDS Inc themselves, will we see new mission callings to work an assembly line?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: March 12, 2014 09:21PM

They are tagged Made in USA and were manufactured by beehive clothing (churchowned, they are also manufacturing other temple clothing). I guess it's a regular Job you can assign for when you are a worthy member. at least it is your job to mark them, so I assume you need to be worthy.

prices are around 3-4 Euro each piece. (bottom or top cooton/jersey CarinessaII) onesies around 8 Euro, special fabrics like thermal(longies), DriSilque or Mesh a little more.
They also manufacturing special needs garmies for maternity, Army but only sand colored, if you need others you can send them to distribution center in SLC on your own expense they sew the marks for 1$ in them. and ones for bed-ridden not able to dress themselves persons, who are like a gown (coma - yes also those need to be reminded of their commitments)
I'm not sure how much they make out of them. a few cent maybe. But as t they sell masses of them so it's rentable anyway.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 09:30PM by newnameabigail.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: March 12, 2014 09:23PM

Ours always said they were made in the USA by the Beehive Clothing Mills in UT. I don't know about other countries.

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: March 12, 2014 09:28PM

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 12, 2014 09:36PM

I once read a story in "The Rocky Mountain Empire" by Sam Taylor. It's a nonfiction book, and the story was about a New York textile man who decided to make Mormon garments and sell them to Mormons. He sent the garments by train to Salt Lake city. Church officials warned members not to buy the "foreign" garments. The tag on locally made garments was changed so that members could recognize the real McCoy. The New Yorker lost his investment and perhaps learned a lesson.

I do recommend the book to all exmos.

Posted by: sistertwister ( )
Date: March 12, 2014 09:54PM

They were made in other countries like Mexico and South America. The TSCC is trying to keep the cost down and because of this has moved to China.

So, someone on here is a plant! The garmies are not made in the USA and many workers have lost their jobs.

Don't ever forget, the TSCC is a business and they work behind the scenes diligently trying to make it look as if they employe many LDS people when in fact, they do not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 09:55PM by sistertwister.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 12, 2014 10:01PM

I wonder if Garn/Hatch GAVE THEM an exeption from labeling manufacture country/place...

O no, they wouldn't do that.... Would They?

Posted by: annonme ( )
Date: March 12, 2014 10:02PM

OK...I bought some new ones last month. Just looked at the tag and it says "made in the U.S.A"

Posted by: awakenprincess ( )
Date: March 12, 2014 10:14PM

To set rumors straight, I used to work at Beehive Clothing for a little while in the USA. If I'm not mistaken, they also have a a manufacturer in Paraguay and Mexico, never heard of the China one. To work there, you have to be temple worthy, but you don't have to be endowed unless you are sewing the temple ceremonial clothing. Like any clothing manufacturer, work is really hard, and eventually many of the long time workers (the majority being women) end up with carpal tunnel or something similar, but they stay because they do pay better than many other manufacturers and benefits are decent too.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.