Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: stoppedtheinsanity ( )
Date: March 12, 2014 04:35PM

Saw this on someone's FB. Haven't seen it in the Utah papers yet. He's recovering but has bleeding on the brain. No more service for the missionaries.

http://uvsj.com/news/sugar-city-missionary-in-stable-condition-after-tree-branch-fractures/article_60b8c2e0-aa09-11e3-8c89-0019bb2963f4.html#axzz2vlqP4dxT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 04:47PM by stoppedtheinsanity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: March 12, 2014 04:40PM

Missionary work is cleaning up after ice storms now.

Tax deductible to LDS parents and taking away work. The tree removal was done by someone really good at the work as well.

Whacky struggle. Faith promoting experience I'm sure when spun right.

Posted by: Schaffner ( )
Date: March 12, 2014 05:18PM

I wonder if a hard hat or other safety equipment was made available?

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: March 12, 2014 06:15PM

Poor kid. How scary is that for a parent?

Posted by: newnamenephi ( )
Date: March 12, 2014 07:56PM

My niece is in SC and just sent the family a video of the destruction. That was a BAD ice storm. My niece was happy about it though! An excerpt from her email:

"Power went out thursday night and is not expected back on until wednesday night in most places!! It is so crazy! So obviously church was cancelled. So we drove to Greensboro, about 40 mins away, and went to church! It was like being on vacation and it was the most enjoyable sunday of my mission! Cause I got to be a normal person instead of a stressed out missionary!"

WOW!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 12, 2014 08:33PM

That's some very dangerous work. I had a dodgy cottonwood tree in my back yard, and I considered taking it down myself. But when I thought about the consequences of massive woodfall, I hired a professional. He knew just where to cut it so the chunks fell harmlessly. Missionaries should probably avoid any work that requires power tools and protective equipment.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 12, 2014 10:08PM

Poor guy! He still wants to finish his mission. I think that's a bad idea under the circumstances. Once he is released from the hospital, I'd like to see him go home for a long rest.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.