Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MormonThinker ( )
Date: February 23, 2014 10:36AM

Letter to a CES Director went viral on the internet in the spring of 2013. In the fall of 2013, LDS apologetic group FairMormon publicly released an analysis of the CES Letter. In response, Jeremy has now released Debunking FAIR's Debunking. http://www.cesletter.com/debunking-fairmormon/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2014 10:38AM by mormonthinker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: seeking peace ( )
Date: February 23, 2014 11:17AM

Wow--just Wow--that is an incredible amount of work--Mormon had nothing on Jeremy when it comes to condensing a whole history into one website--someday in a land faraway--someone will use the argument 1) is it possible that a guy from Southern California could have written this entire web page all by himself--of course not! Only the hand of the Google God could do that!

Thank you for all your hard work--hopefully my grandkids will see this!

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: February 23, 2014 11:57AM

Technical question: what platform is this site built on? Looks great!

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: February 23, 2014 03:06PM

It renders buggily in [my configuration of] Opera. I'd prefer a plaintext (or, at least, flatter representation) somewhere.

It's always fun to watch FAIR get called out though. :)

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 23, 2014 12:09PM

is Jeremy one of the posters here at RfM ?

I'm out of the loop.

Posted by: johnnyboy ( )
Date: February 23, 2014 03:21PM

he comments on here from time to time

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: February 23, 2014 02:16PM

From the site's introduction:

"This is a very fascinating, dangerous, precarious, and unstable time for Mormonism. The Church is entering uncharted territory unprecedented in its history. It is experiencing, what Church Historian Elder Marlin K. Jensen described as an “apostasy not seen since Kirtland.” Disaffection and doubts are now penetrating leadership within the Church. A General Authority Emeritus came out with his doubts to the New York Times in July 2013. Stake Presidents and Bishops are struggling with the new facts that are coming out and some are resigning. Many Mormons are discovering facts about Joseph Smith and the Church’s origins and history in the Information Age that the Church was able to conceal from them in the pre-Google Age; and they are leaving."

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: February 23, 2014 02:17PM

Is it me, or is there an exponential growth in evidence proving that Today's So-Called Church is a house of cards built on lies and falsehoods?

Churchco has built a spectacular PR 'curtain' of goodness and light, but it is being pulled back by brave people who have learned the true history of TSCC and speak out in hope that the abuse will stop.

I'd love to be alive to witness the demise of Mormonism...

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: February 23, 2014 03:09PM

HOLY SMOKES that's alot of research and scholarship to put FAIR in their place...thanks Jeremy!

Right back at ya FAIR...Jeremy you da MAN!!!

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: johnnyboy ( )
Date: February 23, 2014 03:16PM

THIS IS THE GREATEST EVAH!!!

seriously.. I am in awe right now.

Posted by: zenmaster ( )
Date: February 23, 2014 03:23PM

+1

I don't see how the Church or FAIR can counter this. Jeremy, great job at citing sources so that anyone reading this cant say that anything stated in the letter is misquoted, half truth or out of context BS. I verified the original CES Letter sources just to prove to myself that they weren't BS (which they are definitely not). Outstanding work Jeremy!

If anyone believes the BOA is true after reading this is seriously deluded!

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: February 23, 2014 03:55PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.