Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: StillChristianIThink ( )
Date: February 22, 2014 11:06PM

http://www.courageouschristiansunited.org
This is the guy who holds up the "josephlied.com" sign outside of temples and mormon events. I was wondering if anyone had any contact with him or his "courageous christians united" site or organization.
Just looking to hear anyone's thoughts on this board. Not sure if I should attend their meetups or not. I get mixed vibes from his posts on facebook and from his site.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 22, 2014 11:23PM

There are rational reasons for opposing Mormonism. And there are irrational ones. The rational reasons involve science, history and philosophy. The irrational reasons involve doctrinal spats and the invoking of spirits. Mormonism has a lot going against it, as it should, considering that it's a conceit promoted by scolds.

Posted by: Cowboy Jesus ( )
Date: February 22, 2014 11:43PM

I saw this guy the other day. I have to agree with Don Bagley that Sivulka is bashing Mormons for the wrong reasons. "Your church is wrong because my church is right." seems to be his argument.

Posted by: StillChristianIThink ( )
Date: February 23, 2014 12:12AM

I guess you're right. I'm looking for answers and I want there to be a truth that I can follow. Why is it so hard for me to abandon religion? I want to be "saved" and I want to do right and be good. Why do I feel like I'm missing God in my life if I know that all religions are just about the same in terms of truth?
I wish I could believe in something. I wish I still had faith. Why is this so hard???

Posted by: 999999 ( )
Date: February 23, 2014 03:00PM

Most ex-Mormons become Atheists or Agnostics, or, Deists (still believe in God but have no 'religion' per say). A lot of ex-Mormons seem to also join the Baha'i Faith. In other words, if you want another religion, then I suggest you look around. Don't conclude they are all false simply because Mormonism is false.

Posted by: Cowboy Jesus ( )
Date: February 23, 2014 12:59AM

Religion takes everything good from you and and then sales it back to you. "Where would I be without the church? Why I would be a drug addicted alcoholic most likely." This is a lie. You are good, you are worthy by yourself. You are not an evil degenerate without the blessing of a religion. You do not need God to save you from God. If God exists I don't think that he is a butthead that will send us to hell simply for not believing things that he gave us no way of knowing. You are okay. Life is what you make it, no more no less. I understand that having your world view and faith shaken and challenged is hard. Frankly it really sucks but in the end you find peace with yourself in the place where guilt and fear used to be. I hope you will find your peace. Good Luck.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: February 23, 2014 07:27AM

The guy who held the sign behind the TV anchors is an atheist, and in no way mixed up with religion. It wasn't Sivulka.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.