Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: February 20, 2014 12:24AM

Part 2 just posted:

http://infantsonthrones.com/the-summons-tom-phillips-vs-thomas-s-monson-part-2/

I'm going to listen to it and do a transcript.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: February 20, 2014 12:47AM

Very cool. I copied and posted the link to your last one for a person in another group that I'm in. He's hearing impaired and was grateful for your efforts in transcribing the podcasts. Thanks, again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2014 12:48AM by Bite Me.

Posted by: grubbygert ( )
Date: February 20, 2014 02:13AM

INTERVIEWER: There's this implicit accusation that Thomas Monson and others in the Mormon church know these things to be false but they're promoting them as true otherwise. There's an element of fraud there. Whereas, if they were truly believers in these seven things then there really isn't as much of an element of fraud but is there a way to prove that they don't believe these things but they're pretending? Or is there a strategy to bring that out?

TOM PHILLIPS: Yes, there is proof that they know these things are untrue and yet they are promoting them. Let's put it this way: they're between a rock and a hard place.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: February 20, 2014 02:57PM

Dynamite.

Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: February 20, 2014 02:44AM

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: February 20, 2014 03:01AM

Your post with the transcript from Part 1 is closed:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1175637

However, I believe the following changes should be made to the Part 1 transcript:

At approximately 36:15--"And in terms of precedence [should be 'precedents'] I’d say president [should be 'precedent'] in the United States, Bernie Madoff."

At approximately 49:26--"And none of those others are going to say anything about it and I realize that I need to be somewhat circumspect in what I say because I don’t want to practice [should be 'prejudice'] the prosecution case, and also I don’t to be unfair to Mr. Monson."

Thanks for taking on this effort!

: )

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: February 20, 2014 03:13AM

oh crap, I just realized I sound just like tommy when I finally decide to head home after Oktoberfest.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: February 20, 2014 04:22AM

Could you please provide an email addy that people can contact you at for corrections?

Posted by: grubbygert ( )
Date: February 20, 2014 02:33PM

topping

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: February 20, 2014 04:03PM

Well done Tom and thanks jiminy cricket

Posted by: MyTempleNameIsJoan ( )
Date: February 20, 2014 05:21PM

I just listened to part 2. Thanks for putting it up.

I happened to read this on mormonthink.com:

“New Church History Seminary Manual
The manual sums up the BOA problems with a simple:
Although we do not know the exact method Joseph Smith used to translate the writings, we do know that he translated the book of Abraham by the gift and power of God.
The lesson also has a major contradiction. On page 525 it says:
The Prophet Joseph Smith never claimed the papyri were indeed the writings of Abraham.

Yet, on the same page right it states:
In a statement dated 5 July 1835, Joseph Smith, declaring the importance of these ancient Egyptian writings, recorded: ‘I commenced the translation of some of the characters or hieroglyphics, and much to our joy found that one of the rolls contained the writings of Abraham.
With these types of superficial answers that don't really address the critics’ issues, the next generation of seminary students that use this manual will still be unaware of the most serious problems of Church history.”

It seems that this lesson manual is another example of Monson’s Mormon fraud in allowing educational material to move forward to deceive.

The money keeps rolling into LDSinc.

Go Tom Phillips Go.

Everyone wants to meet with the fake prophet and have him stand accountable, but I hope Phillips gets his opportunity to do it.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 01:49AM

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 01:54AM

I have a question. What happens to the case if Thomas S. Monson dies? The man is old and not in the best health. He could die of natural causes, or .......

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 02:38AM

Is that it is against M as the head of the .... I think it is Office of the Presidency? And he is the.... CEO of said company. So it would fall to who ends up the next pres. BUT I will try to get a clear and definitive legal answer for you. We very much only want hard facts on the board.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 03:50AM

Tom - as ever, we are grateful to you SO MUCH!! Keep it up and keep us posted. We are all your cheerleaders!

Posted by: Morgnomore ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 04:02AM

Amazing podcast, guys! Thanks so much. I am just so giddy with excitement to think that Mr. Monson will have to answer his prophetic responsibility by testifying before the world (besides what he does at General Conference) of the TRUTHS of the LDS Church.

All of us who stand for truth, SHOULD be giddy about this.
All of those who stand behind Mr. Monson SHOULD be giddy about this.

Good times a' comin'!

Any guesses what health crisis he will develop w/i the next 2 weeks?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.