Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 01:59PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 02:35PM

Yup. This is the first year that our tax return hasn't gone to pay off the credit card that has been carrying our extra monthly expenditures.

We just got new couches with it!

Posted by: Facsimile 3 ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 02:36PM

Yes, I received the largest pay increases and bonuses of my career during the several years following my resignation. Cai Shen has smiled upon me ever since I threw aside my false beliefs and left the LDS Church.

Posted by: AnonAbdulJabbar ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 02:46PM

My TBM wife has been expecting financial devastation since I have refused to pay tithing for the last two years. However, from a financial standpoint, things have never been better (and they continue to get better at a rapid pace due to a variety of factors).

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 02:49PM

Most definitely yes.

Posted by: Descending Gradually ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 03:12PM

Loving it!! Not just the obvious extra 10%, but I got the best raise of my career this year. Will be taking a real vacation (not just visiting family) for the first time in forever. The peace of mind of not having that burden is amazing.

Only regret is not leaving years, and years and years ago.

Posted by: funeral taters ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 06:05PM

Nope, I'm still broke as a joke. I can't even imagine how bad it would be if I was still being hoodwinked into parting with 10% of all of it. Even with all the "blessings" I would receive tenfold. Like any sane person, I attribute my financial woes to other factors besides not paying my tithes. Factors such as: bad economy, unwise life choices I've made (being in the morg was a big part of this), being married and out on my own, and other such factors.

I'm going to get back on my feet soon, though. When I do I will take all the money that I would be wasting on tithing and putting it towards something useful like retirement, paying off debt, and what have you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.