Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 10:09AM

I never brought an amputee through the veil. I never saw an amputee go through the veil. Once there was an amputee in front of me in a wheelchair during the session, but they apparently saved him for last and I did not see how it worked. And this was in the day when you had to do the "five points of fellowship through the veil," which was more than just dapping with the Lord through the veil. I have no idea how it's all done, and considering Mormons' lust for the letter of the law, it almost surprises me that Mormons allow amputees to use the temple at all.

Anyone know how they take care of the signs and tokens thing if a person is missing a hand or arm? Or how they used to do the five points thing if a person were missing a leg? How about paraplegics? Quadriplegics?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 10:34AM

And what did they do with amputees, or anyone who was disabled or in a wheelchair back in the 5 or 6 points of fellowship days?

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 11:00AM

The three points of fellowship. Sorry.

I have a relative missing a significant temple digit. They would just act like it was there. This guy believes that his spirit fingers are doing the work.

Date: February 19, 2014 11:03AM

Got it. Like when you flip the imaginary bird, right?

Date: February 19, 2014 12:13PM

There was not much response to this, so I thought there might be something on-line. And there was. This is what I eventually found:

http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/54754-amputees-and-the-temple/

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 01:06PM

Way back in religion class in grade school (parochial school) we were told that when we went to heaven all our medical and physical problems would be corrected and we'd be perfect like a new born baby.

This was in the early '60s, so a question was asked "how about those thalidomide babies that are borned blind and without arms".

The old fall back answer was used, God will know best what to do.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.