Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lulavina ( )
Date: February 18, 2014 12:05AM

Um. I have no words. I just... oh my. I can't. Is this a joke? Please tell me she was trying to be silly. My god, I think I am going to vomit.

http://wellbehavedmormonwoman.blogspot.com/2014/02/movie-frozen-gay-homosexual-agenda.html#comment-form

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: February 18, 2014 12:31AM

The song Let it Go is all about breaking free of the barriers that have been holding you back, so that you can be yourself and reach your full potential. It means different things to different people.

If you are a closet lesbian trying to also be mormon then this song is for you. I think that is where the blogger is really coming from.

Posted by: Deacon's Clip-on Tie ( )
Date: February 18, 2014 08:52AM

Yep. I interpreted the same thing from this film. It could absolutely be interpeted by a gay child that way. I thought of that while watching the film, and other non-mormon writers have said the same thing.

But I agree that the message is broader than that. I could relate to it as an exmo - feeling like I had to suppress my true self (not a Mormon) because of family and cultural pressure until I had to courage to break free (from the Church) and live an authentic life. It's a great message.

Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: February 18, 2014 12:32AM

Oh wow... it's too... too... too much to be a joke. How does she even function in her daily life if she's seeing that kind of thing in the movie?

Posted by: lydia1000 ( )
Date: February 18, 2014 08:43AM

Okay, this is a joke - right?

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: February 18, 2014 09:11AM

Hands down the best comment was the one lady testifying that the blog post must be true because of how many people were opposed to it.

Posted by: icedtea ( )
Date: February 18, 2014 09:53AM

Just wow. How do people even come up with this stuff?

If you look at the song IN CONTEXT, it's about someone who has immense powers (that everyone is afraid of) that she's been forced to hide all her life. During the song, she embraces and uses her powers for herself. It's all about liberation and empowerment, making decisions for oneself, and choosing to be happy no matter how society judges you.

That could apply to just about anything.

Posted by: anon brit ( )
Date: February 18, 2014 06:03PM

ZOMG BLATANT GAY PROPAGANDA. BLATANT I TELL YOU. HOW COULD ANYONE BE SO EVIL AS TO BRAINWASH THE KIDDIES LIKE THAT?!

Whatever will they do next?

Will I get pairs of smartly dressed young gays knocking on my door with a message of gayness, wanting 10% of my income to spread the gay?

Nah, that would be weird and intrusive.

Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: February 18, 2014 09:51PM

It's like that with the X-Men as well.

The underlying message behind the comic book is that we're all different and we should accept each other and live together peacefully. But almost everyone can relate to 1 or more of the characters.

We all (at one time or another) felt like the outcast, whether it was because we were gay, atheist, Mormon, Jewish, an amputee, the geek/nerd of the class, white, black, Asian, or even just because we were feeling self-conscious because of acne.

After the first X-Men film came out, the director (Bryan Singer) said that tons of people would come up to him and thank him for making it, and that every one of them thought it was about the particular group they came from (Mormons, Jews, homosexual, black, etc.)

Posted by: emmabiteback ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 12:05AM

I read through the comments first and then her actual blog. She is picking on a hot topic, but doesn't see the real insincere and arrogance voiced in her statements. She is making a valiant effort to be intellectually, justified in her actions. One more sister craving bragging rights in her fight against evil. How embarrassing for her if she finally wakes up..

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.