Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 17, 2014 08:51PM

I just watched this and had an epiphany.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FiHRVb_uE0

Morality through Christian religion comes at a heavy price. Yes mortality without religion is harder but it doesn't require you to tithe, follow a code of ethics you don't fully support in your tastes for what is good nor the Titanic or I should say Ark of a problem one is saddle with in all the horrors of The Old Testament and bloody God Father of the New Testament.

Just check this post out.
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1170452,1173526#msg-1173526

And then look at this.
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/98305204336396911/

Ditching the Christian Religion and its bastard step child Mormonism looks like the only sane and rational thing to do when one has enough information.

No wonder LDS Inc. excluded "little flecks of history." It is because the whitewashed in Christ's blood, nice Jesus who came to America and to the not so lost 10 Tribes version of "Christian" religion is oooh, so much more palatable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 12:27PM

I realized after watching this video that I cannot support or believe in anything that is tied to so much exclusivity, exclusion, black and white bias forming, and individual interpretations.

I like and appreciate individual interpretations about a lot of things. I just cannot accept any interpretations about God.

I realized I would rather not believe in God then deal with all the chaos and confusion in holding out that a being like God could exist. I'm refusing to believe that a being like God could exist. Why? Because while there are many mysteries, unknowns, and miraculous coincidences in the world and my own existence tying them to a "being" doesn't make sense. Also attribution to a force or energy or life protecting entity just doesn't make sense either to me personally.

My personal view of existence is the same as saying my view of my personal existence in my opinion. I can't get my head untethered through thinking in abstraction enough to say anything about anything in a "real" objective way.

So where does this leave me? Right along side the believers. The difference in this context between me and them is my acceptance of my inability to form a world view to their scale.

This doesn't mean I don't have opinions. And a relatively new one is that religions generally seem to be more noxious than not. Just and opinion.

Tying one's sense of right and wrong to a God who inexplicable did so many wrong things in the past doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It seems like playing with fire. I can't articulate it much but taking a book like The Bible, Book of Mormon and using it as a guide for your own sense of personal goodness seems crazy and dangerous.

Now, I haven't explored Eastern religious ideologies much. What I have discovered seems less a bad idea than Western religious ideologies. But I think I'm probably an atheist for the time being. And there is going to be no supreme being for some time.

That is unless he/they/her/it makes an appearance like they did for Joseph Smith, but I lack faith and am a "sign seeker" so I know I'm going to be burning in a Millenial lake of fire and brim stone before God my heavenly father allows me to start my eternal telestial circle jerk.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.