Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cwm31s ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 08:31PM

Well, i have just brought up the subject of the essays released by the church to a few of my family members. My brother wants proof that they are legit, him and my mom believe that the only way they would read the essays, is if they were written by Tommy or a general authority. I noticed that they don't have author names under them.

I am glad to see that 2 of my friends read them and have now left the church based on the information, but i am trying to see if my family would be intrigued by seeing the essays from the church itself. I will hopefully be happy to see the horror on their faces when they see the essays and know they have been lied to all along.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: whatiswanted ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 08:48PM

Tell your brother and mom to contact the official church website LDS.org and ask them.

They are the only ones that can answer that question... not you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2014 08:52PM by whatiswanted.

Posted by: HumanPlus ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 10:05PM

If you search the Deseret News when the first one came out they had a story about it that explained that all the articles have First Presidency approval.

And the DN is a church owned paper that has been advertized in the Ensign, you they have to be telling the truth ;)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.