Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: scribble ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 04:59PM

We all need to move on for hells sake. THe church is what it is. It comes down to pray pay and obey.

Nothing we do or say will change the Morgbots. It'll never go away unfortunately.

Time to leave the canoe in the water and start hiking.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dragonmystic ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:01PM

It's part of the healing process.

If you feel you need to move on, then that's fine. But some need to complain and let the pain out.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:07PM

You might notice that this is a "Recovery Board" not a "change the Morgbots" board. It's a place to help people understand what they are going through while they are in the process of leaving the church. Hopefully people come here and discover that they are not alone in what they are going through, find support and in many cases learn about how the real world works without the control that comes from the all encompassing life under the thumb of the LDS church.

That some people are here hoping to "change the Morbots" as you put it, is secondary and not the main objective here. In fact movements to use this board as a gathering point for coordinated efforts to face off against the church have been stopped by the board administrators and asked to use other resources.

You may be ready to move on, and if so, good for you. But there are new people posting here every day that need support, help, and advice. Please don't be flippant about what other people may be going through, just because you're not going through it yourself.

ETA - Wait, I just did some checking on your posting history to see what kind of perspective you may have to try and put your comment into perspective...This was your first post, at least using this nickname. And it's to tell us, basically, to get over it. Very bad form.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2014 05:28PM by Finally Free!.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 08:05PM

Finally Free! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You might notice that this is a "Recovery Board" not a
> "change the Morgbots" board.

Exactly. I don't hang out where the Mormons are. If they are to be affected in any way by me, they're gonna have to come here to find me.

I don't particularly give a crap about what they're doing.

People like to hang out with like-minded people. Here is where I find people who have been where I've been and know what it's like to be on the other side. We have that in common.

Why on earth would it be a bad thing if I want to hang out with them?

Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:20PM

I don't take too kindly to anyone telling me what to do or feel and when. The Church did that for long enough.

Posted by: axlrose ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:29PM

We all need healing.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:31PM

For those of us raised from birth to be sunbeams, and taught as children that we were not only members of the one true church but also responsible for spreading it as a means to our eternal exaltation and were taught the part about ending up damned for eternity if we fail, stripped of our families and our genitals, and we believed all this, bore testimony to this, so the extrication process can be long, complicated, and arduous. Mormonism goes in real deep.

Luckily, you can literally talk something to death--until it actually bores you for the most part. There is value in that here.

Then there's the not feeling alone part. Huge benefit.

Then there's the entertainment angle for those mining the rich vein of humor the church provides. I laugh hard and long often when I visit.

There are people who really want to help the newly minted exmos adjust and they are here.

And a lot of those posts teach badly needed critical thinking and gaining of self esteem lessons.

Then there is the fascination with the deconstruction of the church that you don't seem to care for. I do.

The only thing that puzzles me is I am not sure why you are still here if you feel that way?

We weren't members of a tribe, we were members of a cult. We were duped and fooled. We lost family and friends. We lost self esteem and trust. We lost time, money and careers. But here, we found a salve.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:33PM

If it's time for you to move on, then fine. We will wish you well and keep the light on for you should you ever swing back this way.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:35PM

Posted by: dragonmystic ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:36PM

I'm pretty sure that was a statement, not an insult.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:49PM

If so, what?

Posted by: angryelf ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:35PM

Don't tell me what to do! Don't tell me how to feel! I gave my whole life to TSCC. I sacrificed and I can vent and talk about how I feel with other like minded people!

Posted by: angryelf ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:38PM

THere's other forums for you. Post Mormons.

Posted by: Facing Tao ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:39PM

This is kind of like "LOST".. :)

Posted by: snuckafoodberry ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 06:56PM

I just finished season 1. I'm a little behind.

Date: February 03, 2014 07:04PM

I watched it in February of the year of its last season, over about two or three weeks. And then finished off the rest of the spring when the show ended in May. The beginning of the show was awesome.. really liked the 'stations', the 'broadcast', etc!! :) Especially the beginning of the show had a very unique feel to it. I wish they could've maintained it throughout the show.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:47PM

Congratulations if this is where you are in the process - however, the fact that you seem to feel the need to prescribe it for others indicates to me that perhaps you are not so ready as you think.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:49PM

I have no idea if this person is sincere, or if this is a desperate troll attempt by the strengthening the members committee.

Date: February 03, 2014 05:50PM

In all truthfulness, however, while I would probably also support the idea of trying to move on as soon as possible, for many if not most people not this board moving on is not exactly simple. There are all kinds of TSCC entanglements that make an immediate "clean break" virtually impossible for many.

Date: February 03, 2014 05:51PM

In all truthfulness, however, while I would probably also support the idea of trying to move on as soon as possible, for many if not most people not this board moving on is not exactly simple. There are all kinds of TSCC entanglements that make an immediate clean break virtually impossible for many.

Posted by: scrabble ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:51PM

Scribble is wrong. Not only does this place contribute to recovery, it also influences Mormons who stumble across our writings. RfM and the other DAMU sites have had a major impact on the church.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:52PM

Posted by: not in outer darkness ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 05:52PM

I find support, and comfort, in many of the topics and responses. This board continues to help me heal on a daily basis. I have never been more grateful to a community more than this one and I truly appreciate everyone's sincere and honest answers and comments.

Date: February 03, 2014 06:00PM

I can also see that, even after years people here still have a shared common experience. For many it's a significant shared common experience. I don't say a "bad experience", because I strongly believe that everything that happens, happens for a purpose.. if you were a TBM, you can think of waking up a major accomplishment in your life, and more time/resources TSCC had sucked from you over time, the greater the accomplishment it was to clear out of it.

Posted by: NewLifeGuy ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 06:05PM

Coming out of the church after a lifetime devoted to brainwashing has totally changed my life in my 6th decade of living on this earth. I am still trying to recover and reading posts on this site helps me to see perspective from other ponts of view. It has cost me a marriage and has now left me alone and wondering what the heck to do with the rest of my life. I do, however feel so free to just be myself and the best person I can be, according to me, not some man made myth of all the things I need to be doing.

I enjoy reading of others issues with the church and how they are handling them or getting help here on the board to feel better about what they are now doing with their lives. Some feel like they can just now move on and for them that is okay but others still need what this board can offer.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 06:11PM

The only problem is - you don't get to decide that for others. Only for yourself. If it's time for you to move on, hasta luego and congratulations. Both on dealing with your issues and how quickly you were able to get over them, which signifies you never really let Mormonism get under your skin.

But unfortunately, you don't know the other people here well enough to decide when they need to move on. They may not even know when they will be ready and many may decide to stick around and rescue others, to pay back karma for their freedom. Either way, different strokes for different folks. Only Mormons think one size fits all. You have to let people recover on their own timetable and not expect them to do what you do. Bossing people around is a hard thing to get over, post-Mormonism. Thinking you know what is best for someone else is a definite Mormon quality and you may not be as recovered as you think you are.

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 07:01PM

Make new friends. Keep the old. Some are silver. Some are gold. We've all moved on from one thing or another. If you feel the need to move on then do so. I frequent here less and less (probably felt like a blessing to many). Doesn't hurt to drop by from time to time. Adieu!

Posted by: scribble ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 07:07PM

wow. didn't think i'd open such a can of anger towards my post. didn't mean to offend anyone here.

i'm not troll either. i was exed in 2007 for apostasy. lost it all too. family, wife, etc.

i'm saying sometimes looking for the positive and not bashing what is so difficult to change can help the healing process.

that's it.

now i need a drink.

Posted by: Ex-cultmember ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 07:37PM

I disagree. My parents and several of my friends would probably still be Mormon if I didn't try and share the truth with them.

And many of us posting here are former morgbots.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 08:09PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.