Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: heretic ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 01:59PM

Should Validate That Witness. But the actions of many Mormons would indicate the opposite is true.
That the evidence proves just the opposite.

*Could this be why many Mormons are afraid to look at the evidence because they fear
the possibility of finding out they and their family have supported a fraud for generations?

*Could it be TBMs love TSCC more than their own families than to find out the truth
so they can free their family and future family members from a possible fraud?

*Could it be that many TBMs lack courage and value their own comfort, safety and status
before the welfare, possibly eternal welfare, of their own family and future family members?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 04:04PM

The fear of embarrassment is the greatest fear of all to Mormons.

The fear of embarrassment of having to admit to your spouse, your kids, your extended family, church friends, church associates et al, that you made a horrible mistake and that Mormonism is not what it claims to be is what keeps 99.9% of TBM's in line and that figure might be conservative.

They would rather keep on play-acting for the rest of their lives than admit they were gullible dupes that simply took the easy way out by pretending in the make believe their whole lives.

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 06:17PM

My father gave my school lunch money to Salt Lake, so I suffered from hunger. There's no turning back from such vile behavior. He'll die either a saint or a bastard, depending on how you look at it.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 06:47PM

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we've been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost
never get it back."

...Carl Sagan

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 04:19PM

When an hypothesis is not supported by empirical evidence then probably the basis of the hypothesis should be questioned. Only when there is "empirical evidence" to support the theory can it be accepted that the theory could be true. And then only after careful study of the evidence.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 06:31PM

I know the Book of Mormon is true because the Spirit told me --
Standard TBM

I know God wanted Laban's head cut off because the Spirit told
me -- Nephi

I know God wanted Brenda Lafferty and her baby killed because
the Spirit told me -- Ron & Dan Lafferty

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.