Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 06:18PM

They're both Science fiction.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lois LANE ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 06:28PM

The current head of Scientology, Heber Jentzsch, who has not been seen in years is the son of Mormon Polygamist Carl Jentzsch who was excommunicated from the Mainstream LDS church and had over 42 children.

If anyone knows anything about the whereabouts of Heber Jentzch please tell us.

Lois

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 06:34PM

they are both outer space religions

Posted by: Lois Lane ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 06:55PM

Heber Jentzsch waslast seen at the funeral of his son in 2012.

He apparently is being held captive by the Scientologists, even though he is president.

This makes no sense.

Heber would be in this 80s.

Many people are worried about him. Where is he?

Heber grew up the son of a polygamous Mormon.

Posted by: Krampus! ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 08:49PM

Man, In wish someone would hold the Big15 hostage.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 06:58PM

I thought the head of Scientology was David Miscavige. A total a-hole, BTW....

Posted by: Lois Lane ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 07:12PM

Yes the miscavage fellow has a similar title and from what I can tell just from googling the names, has something to do with Jentzsch's captivity.

He is (presumeably) in a place called "the hole."

But poor Heber. He probably joined Scientology to get himself out of the loony bin that was his life only to find himself in another loony bin.

When I was a young girl growing up in SLC several of my LDS girlfriends joined Scientology.

What I remember about it is that Scientology wanted a LOT of your money. The longer you stayed in it the more they wanted. Plus they wanted to know ALL your secrets ALL yoursins so they could "clear" you. Plus they wanted you to sign a billion-year contract. They wanted YOU your soul. Forever.

Lois

Posted by: capitolmoroni ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 08:25PM

Heber is one of my fellow alumni at Weber State...unfortunately. lol

Oh well, at least we schooled Montana Griz last night.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 08:37PM

GREED!

Date: January 27, 2014 06:44AM

or maybe not?

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 09:10PM

A. They're both full of sh!t and after yer money

My friend delivered dairy product to Scientology's Golden Era facility in San Jacinto, CA. back in the early 80s.

The sonuvabitches searched his truck upon entry and exit. I am talking with mirrors and scanners and every conceivable gadget. They were armed with high-powered rifles etc...

What a bunch of freaks.

Posted by: frogdogs ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 09:13PM

Numerous parallels between Scientology and Mormonism:

Brainwashing from infancy – Check

Weird, creepy and inappropriate loyalty oaths – Check

Secrecy/deception (who’s Xenu? milk before meat!) - Check

Destroys families when someone leaves (disconnecting, declaring subversives / shunning) - Check

Wealth estimated at least a billion, probably a lot more – Check

Fond of building expensive, useless buildings to keep members paying (‘courses’ / ‘tithing’) – Check

Missionary activities / aggressive recruitment - Check

Invasively questions members on intimate aspects of their personal lives, especially sexuality – Check

Benefits enormously from vast amounts of unpaid labor - Check

Encourages its young to marry other members before they’re remotely ready for marriage - Check

Homophobic and psychologically abusive – Check

Leaders / prominent figures lie shamelessly to media when questioned about beliefs/practices, or they get righteously offended at being questioned - Check

Founder created its doctrines - Check

Founder was an intelligent, charismatic liar and a con-man – Check

Founder is revered and nearly worshipped – Check

Unless one’s an insider/member, the special vocabulary and lingo are anything but mainstream - Check

Follow the money to understand what it’s all about - Check

If there’s anything to reincarnation, L. Ron and the church he created seem uncomfortably familiar. Just malignant by a few more orders of magnitude.

I'm thinking JS Jr. may well have reincarnated as L. Ron, who remembered his 19th century exploits but was disgusted at how quickly his first masterpiece fell into lily-livered apostasy. So here's how he starting thinking of some new possibilities:

“WTF!! Celestial marriage, anyone? I had a sweet thing going there but you idiots screwed it up! And no booze or smokes? Are you morons nucking futs?

Fine, it’s time for a do-over. Since things like ancient submarine dish thingies worked so nicely the first time, it's a cinch that aliens from outer space and megaton bombs will be, yea verily, exceeding fair unto this generation.

Plus I’ll pay better attention to embarrassing similarities in words...Mor(m)on – what was I thinking? Now Xenu – nobody can mess with that badass! Thetan? Nobody will ever laugh themselves silly thinking it’s someone with a lisp trying to pronounce The Evil One's unholy name...

Money will definitely be an issue yet again – what to do, what to do...I know! I’ll call them ‘courses’ instead of commandments and talk about learning and knowledge. Wait, I’ll use the best descriptor – Science! - to indicate we venerate rationality above all. Man, this is gonna be great!!”

Date: January 27, 2014 06:50AM

Posted by: obiwan ( )
Date: January 27, 2014 08:58AM

+1.....awesome. just read a biography on miscavages niece and her upbringing and departure from scientology. scary s@it and 10x worse than mormonism. Same principles though.

Posted by: NYCGal ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 09:34PM

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 10:15PM

Mormonism and Scientology are similar in that they both take advantage of vulnerable people.

The leaders of these cults understand human nature and human weakness -- and they exploit it.

Posted by: L. Ron Smith ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 10:27PM

1. Well polished professional advertising campaigns that don't reveal anything substantial about the religion. Watch an "I'm a Mormon" and "I'm a Scientologist" ad back to back. Uncannily similar. Advertisements won't tell you nabout Xenu or Kolob or wearing a baker hat and green apron while chanting pay lay ale and memorizing secret handshakes.
2. Unquestionable prophet with a fake history. (Joseph Smith the illiterate farm boy and L Ron Hubbard the war hero).
3. Hidden "sacred not secret" doctrine (Xenu and the temple endowments)
4. Anyone who leaves does so because of sins against the organization.
5. Milk before meat (a universal feature of cults).
6. Both are expensive (10% gross income for LDS, fixed service prices for Scientology vs. pay what you want for most religions).
7. Zero accountability for how donations are spent.
8. Huge and ever-growing real estate portfolio.

Posted by: presbyterian ( )
Date: January 27, 2014 12:34AM

Young people sent away from family for years: Sea Org/missions

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 27, 2014 12:37AM

"He is (presumeably) in a place called "the hole." -I hope it is a BLACK HOLE if you are referring to David Miscavige.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2014 12:39AM by verilyverily.

Posted by: 404 ( )
Date: January 27, 2014 02:05PM

I dunno about scientology but the experiences of ex-JW's are very similar to ex-mos as far as culturally and the overall degree of mind f-ck done to the victim.

Posted by: 404 ( )
Date: January 27, 2014 02:12PM

JW's = Jehova's Witnesses :D

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 27, 2014 05:30PM

Slightly OT, but Scientology has been FLOODING the airwaves in SoCal with new ads: "Spiritual Technology" featuring young good-looking ethnically mixed folks (and a red headed 10 year-old!)

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: January 27, 2014 05:34PM

It has been mentioned earlier, they have a handle on mind fuck technology and techniques.

Posted by: 888 ( )
Date: January 27, 2014 05:58PM

I remember the ads that used to come on TV in the 90s about L. Ron Hubbard and his books ahahahahah

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.