Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 02:55PM

Said HT is for "checking up families in your 'district' every month to 'make sure they're OK'". Said he'll tell people that want NOTHING to do with church anymore that there's an easy way to have the HT's quit showing up, simply write the bishop and resign, requesting that your names be removed from church records.

He implied that lots of folks HATE the HT's showing up, but said that most of those types of people DON'T resign from the church "just in case"....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: csuprovostudent ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 03:05PM

Just in case?

Of what, maybe they'll get the urge to endure a three hour bore one Sunday?

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 03:21PM

Just in case their family finds out, and it makes things uncomfortable.

I've said it before, I will say it again, we should start a rumor on his radio show, that part of Obamacare involves strangers coming to your house every month, to make sure everything is okay, but you can stop the visits, if you opt out of the program by writing a letter to your local Obamacare Representative, whoever that may be. Ten to one he finds this idea outrages, and doesn't realize we are actually describing home teaching.

Date: January 10, 2014 04:27PM

That ain't just in case...that's self-preservation.

Just in case is more like maybe when you die and are waiting at the gates and seeing the others get in cuz they have their e-ticket recommend and know the signs and tokens that you forgot in your filthy apostasy...THAT'S just in case.

Which to me is like facing life hiding behind yo'momma's skirt...

Posted by: dot ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 04:35PM

oh, someone please do this!!!!

(forbiddencokedrinker's idea)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2014 04:35PM by dot.

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 11:04AM

Hear hear!

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 09:38AM

Don't for get the file that will be kept on you, follow you where ever you live and you can't see what's in it.

Posted by: RinCaba ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 03:09PM

Wow.

That almost makes me want to take the time and effort to resign.

Almost.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 03:19PM

Most people don't resign because they do not accept the Mormon church as having authority in their lives, so why bother.

Beck is a pompous ass who would have made a great stooge in the Third Reich.

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 07:29PM

Glo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Most people don't resign because they do not
> accept the Mormon church as having authority in
> their lives, so why bother.

^^^^^ EXACTLY ^^^^^

Posted by: Facing Tao ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 03:30PM

And then there are "PPIs" (Personal Priesthood Interviews) where people are prodded, again to "make sure they're OK". It's all a protocol. In fact, just a glance to "Administering Church Handbook" would be enough to convince most sane people of the fact that this is not a spiritual effort. It describes *business processes* down to how often all sorts of meetings should be held, where, for how long, etc., etc.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 03:33PM

Did he then proceed to blubber and cry like a sister wife? I imagine so.

Date: January 10, 2014 03:44PM

There's no crying in polygamy....

Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 04:33PM

So, if you're a good Mo, you go to the eternally mind-numbing 3 hour service on Sunday. Presumably, you'll see your HT there. Now, why can't you & your HT converse on Sunday and share if you need some sort of spiritual help?

They need to come by your house once a month to super-duper make sure you're OK?!

For the love of God, this is not normal in other denominations. We're expected to speak up if we have concerns or need help.

THIS is another reason why Mormons seem so freaking weird, controlling and Big Brother-ish to us non-mormons.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 04:36PM

Note to Glenn:

For someone who seems to love his country, Mormontology does not represent American ideals. Smith was a tyrant who destroyed a printing press (freedom of speech?), and declared himself king of the world (democracy??)

Get a clue Glenn.

Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 07:46PM

Don't forget the commie economic system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2014 07:47PM by archytas.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 04:49PM

Our 2nd son was probably his first HT! or close to it.

Date: January 10, 2014 07:20PM

does anyone believe that Glenn actually fulfills his HT calling anymore? Yes, he may get HT's, but does he do the same for the common, simple people on a regular basis? I highly doubt it. Please, correct if I'm wrong.

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 08:53PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2014 08:53PM by Helen.

Posted by: vectorvirus ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 12:43AM

So, the answer is no then.

Posted by: Huffpo ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 10:23AM

I don't know how much HT Glenn actually does. He rakes his body guards everywhere and have to endure these visits too. Helps to be paid.

I think Glenn May realize the church lacks in helping humanity with the low percentage of money donated to the poor. He may have come to this conclusion or is oblivious. Either way he has gone on his own to create MercuryOne charity network. They give 100 percent of the funds to various causes themselves through voluntary efforts. So rather than complain he does his own help the poor campaign. However this could coming more from the less Governent help is needed because the people don't need the Gov.

Back to HT, he may be a quarterly visitor within his ward. I don't think he goes every Sunday.

Are there any posts on the net from his local ward that birth about is non visiting laziness? If it were happening I small sure a hating liberal would have posted it in a blog.

Posted by: huffpo ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 07:32PM

I think Glenn may enjoy Mormonism because it provides the framework to protect addicts.

With him being a former addict to drugs and alcohol I suppose he thinks he also helps with morals and learning about Jesus. I suspect he became Mormon because he had already hit bottom and needed to change his live. His friend and co-host Pat Gray helped him change his life around.

The church is attractive to those that need to come in from the cold and change their life around. They see all the good the church had done for them.

I also suppose his 2nd wife was Mormon and in order to get into bed with her and have a new eternal family he needs to convert. I don't know much of his history.

Now, suppose he does know about all of the church problems. He might just be holding it together for his TBM wife.

However, as much as they try to get the truth out, they both fail on discovering the many faults within church history. He may be too high profile like Mitt Romney to leave the church. They have lots of contacts and networks that they can work with.

Date: January 10, 2014 08:20PM

I agree with you somewhat, but he also defends TSCC quite a bit and I wasn't kidding about my post. Whenever he mentions Mormon doctrine or personal Mormon experiences, he cries. On Air. I guess if that keeps him sober it's okay, but I wish he would keep it to himself if it was so sacred like he blubbers about it being.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 09:23PM

i'm guessing a lot of mormons subscribe to his channel. his market analysis company tells him when its time to cry about mormonism, warn of impending doom, or both.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 07:42PM

The real purpose of the Home Stasi is to invade your house with two sets of eyes. Those eyes look for contraband, both sensual and intellectual. A dog eared copy of Cosmo magazine could indicate impure thoughts. A science periodical might reveal too much thought. Both are bad.

That next doorbell could be Jesus. Would you want him to witness your filth? But it won't be Jesus; it will be the home teachers. You have to let them in, says Glenn Beck. Just in case.

Date: January 11, 2014 10:26AM

The program stated with Brigham Young as he heavily suggested to the saints on how to be more obedient through passive aggressive suggestion. Almost like Satan plan to get every back inline. BY at one point had the saints rebaptized during is tour de force in the Salt Lake valley

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 07:46PM

Mormons conveniently forget that with resigning you may also lose family and friends in the process.

Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 07:48PM

Well, none of my HT's ever taught me how to resign.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 11:09PM

I wish he'd talk more about Mormonism. The teabaggers don't care but I find SO many people who are shocked when I say Glenn Beck's a Mormon. Then they'll say something like "that explains it." A majority of people think he's a nutcase. I wish the nutcase=Mormon thing were more well known.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 11:58PM

Huffpo makes a great point that TSCC is a great place for ex-addicts--and there's no one as insufferable as an ex-smoker/drinker/liberal/conservative/Ford driver/Chevy driver/whatever who's "changed", because it gives them something new to latch on to, AND feel morally superior because thy DON'T do whatever it was they use to do....

A personality like Glenn Beck's is going to either be a drunk or a religious doof.

But I guess that's still better than being a drunk.

Posted by: oldklunker ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 08:44AM

If I had to choose between going to church or listen to Glen Beck...I would go to church.

Date: January 11, 2014 10:41AM

I don't think Glenn is that boring to listen to real religious nonsense. I do like the retelling of historical events as it actually happened, you know the truth and not whitewashed history. I have already been brainwashed before.

Like anyone should, I still try to find the sources Glenn mentions and see fir myself. I have yet to understand how Glenn can possibly think all is well in Zion.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 09:51AM

It is sooo humorous to see addicts/drunks etc..., switch to Bible-thumping.

And then, back to the other...

Pendulum mentality~ It's actually called 'Duality'...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.