Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: LincolnFan ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 04:09PM

I find it interesting that Tom said he needed to wait to be deposed because those involved were on vacation until January 6. Many feds went back to work today. I suppose I'm just seriously anxious to hear something. For many of us this news could be key to getting back family. For me I guess you could say its my "Big Hope"- pardon the pun

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jack Rabbit ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 05:02PM

The longer this "October Surprise" drags on the more I think it will be some sort on non-event. I'm a hopeful pessimist right now.

Posted by: Odell Campbell ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 11:44PM

Tom's experience is in the UK and Europe. I suspect the Feds aren't involved.

Posted by: Rowell ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 11:52PM

Odell, do you always have to be the voice of reason?

Posted by: Anono ( )
Date: January 21, 2014 03:28PM

We don't do depositions in the UK as part of our legal process. Not aware of any countries outside of US that have them.

Posted by: Not a Lawyer ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 12:56AM

I'm as anxious as anyone, but don't read too much into it. The legal community pretty much shuts down before Christmas and starts up again today in earnest. It's just a court and lawyer thing.

Patience.

Posted by: 404 ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 01:56AM

maybe Tom found proof the church is true...

Posted by: trog ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 02:27AM

Error 409: Conflict

Posted by: tyler durden ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 02:28AM

Excuse me if this has been covered before, but who is Tom Phillips and why do we care so much about what he may or may not have for the October Surprise?

Has he revealed noteworthy information in the past or something? Any links would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 03:54AM

Tom Phillips broke the news to the world that the Mormon Church is secretly giving Second Anointings to high Mormon couples (stake presidents, mission presidents, temple presidents, general authorities, etc.). The ordinance forgives the recipient of all his earthly sins, sealing him (and his wife) up to the highest degree of the Mormon Celestial Kingdom, giving them power to open the heavens, and guaranteeing that they'll be a God and Goddess in a Godhood in the afterlife. In essence, they no longer need to prove themselves to God, and don't need to wait and die for the final judgment before God.

- - - - EDITED to ADD - - - -

The second anointing, as performed by these mortal men called Prophets-Seers-and-Revelators, essentially declares to the recipient(s) that they have passed the test of mortality (with all of life’s trials and tribulations) as instituted by God in the pre-existence. Now the recipient(s) are free to live out the remainder of their lives doing whatever they want. The only reason a person having received the second anointing can fail to receive their exaltation in the next life is to shed innocent blood according to D&C 132. According to Phillips, these folks are charged to keep the ordinance a secret and not to discuss it with Church members.

So, you could be sitting next to someone in Church who has had the second anointing and you would not know it. During Sacrament Meeting when these individuals take the bread and water, they no longer need to renew their covenants (they’ve already passed the test) and they no longer have sins that need to be forgiven. By not taking the Sacrament, they could possibly cause suspicion by someone who understands the nature of the second anointing.

The Mormon Church is well aware that this is a secret. Today I did a Google search for the ‘Seconding Anointing’ and clicked on an LDS link: http://www.lds.org/manual/doctrines-of-the-gospel-teacher-manual/chapter-19-eternal-life?lang=eng and was taken to Chapter 19: "Eternal Life" in the “DOCTRINES OF THE GOSPEL” Teacher Manual, religion course 430 and 431. The 136 page manual is divided into 37 chapters. Beneath the 'Introduction' heading of Chapter 19, the first paragraph states:

. . . “Caution: Exercise caution while discussing the doctrine of having our calling and election made sure. Avoid speculation. Use only the sources given here and in the student manual. Do NOT [the word 'not' is italicized in the document] attempt in any way to discuss or answer questions about the SECOND ANOINTING. (emphasis added)

- - - - END OF EDIT - - - -

You can read Tom Phillip's story exposing the Second Anointing here: http://www.mormonthink.com/files/tom-phillips-second-anointing.pdf

Be sure to listen to his 4-hour podcast too, and download the transcript as you listen!

Here's Tom Phillip's biographical page on MormonThink: http://www.mormonthink.com/tomphillips.htm

Tom Phillips has impeccable integrity and knows a great deal about the secretive workings of the Mormon elite leaders. He's had a great deal of interaction with Apostle Jeffery R. Holland who was his friend. Holland has refused to answer Tom's questions about historical problematic truth facts that the Church is covering up.

Tom has exposed Holland as a man who will not use his position as an Apostle, Prophet, Seer and Revelator to answer questions when laid in front of him.

In an earlier RFM post at http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1090354,1090387#msg-1090387 Tom stated,

"I offered to debate Elder Holland on the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, at a venue and time to suit his convenience. No taker. Why? Not because of my superior intellect or debating skills but because I have the mightier weapon - truth. He can only huff and puff and cry and thump the pulpit."

It seems that all of the Apostles are now aware of GIANT problems and are running away from the true historical accounts that are so easily discovered on internet websites such as MormonThink, Utah Lighthouse Ministry and Richard Packham's website.

The Apostles pretend that facts don't matter and are sticking to the old phony-faith-promoting gobbledegook that is sold as true, when in reality much of it is fabricated, altered, whitewashed, sanitized or simply easily proved incorrect.

Tom has demonstrated great courage in his quest for truthful answers from the top 15 Apostles. Yet Holland, specifically, has been exposed as a Class-A-Coward who hides behind his office and refuses to give Apostolic authoritative answers on the record.

Tom Phillips is doing a great service to the world by telling the truth about the Second Anointing, etc. and we owe him our complete support on all that he is doing now. We just need to be patient.

It would be a good idea (imo) if you were to send the pdf file (linked above) to everyone you know detailing Tom's story of the second anointing. It would expose this ordinance and create huge problems for the Church.

Here's that link again: http://www.mormonthink.com/files/tom-phillips-second-anointing.pdf

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2014 03:23AM by jiminycricket.

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 06:57AM

Lucid accurate summation and analysis JC. Thanks.
Nice to see on one page.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 08:12AM

The Second Anointing also constitutes dictating to God. "This person will be saved, God. Deal with it." Not that I even believe in God, but it's really the height of arrogance, now, idn't it?

Posted by: tyler durden ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 02:39PM

Wow, another secret temple function. This is really amazing stuff. Thank you!

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 03:47AM

Tom Phillips was fairly high up in TSCC in the UK. Various events he experienced caused him to come to the conclusion that TSCC is a bunch of crap.
He is interviewed at this link.......
http://mormonisminvestigated.co.uk/2012/09/01/john-dehlin-interviews-tom-phillips/
It is four hours long so get some ironing out or something like that to do while you listen. It's time to iron the curtains anyway right?
Tom is very articulate and his integrity and honesty comes thought as he speaks. He goes by anointedone on this board. He is involved in something big right now dealing with TSCC. We are waiting to find out when he finds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2014 03:47AM by verilyverily.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 06:04AM

Patience is a virtue, be a little more virtuous.

Posted by: Interested observer ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 06:26AM

I can assure everyone who has an interest in these matters that Tom is working extremely hard on his ‘surprise’ Trust me when I say it’s not easy for him.
I’m struggling to make any headway regarding a relatively (relative to Toms project) minor matter concerning the LDS that doesn’t even begin to compare to his.
Hopefully it wont be too long before we have good news for everyone who wants to see this evil organization brought to account.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 10:20AM

I'd love to see what Tom Phillips is working on. But don't hold your breath for your relatives to see the light because of it. Believers (especially those who have been programmed with guilt and fear) have an amazing capacity to avoid facing facts that threaten their way of life. They'll usually refuse to look at the evidence, or blow it off as "anti-mormon lies".

You will almost never get through to someone with raw facts. If you are trying to get through to them, I suggest you read up on cult mindsets and how to deal with them. They have to be in the mindset where they are dissatisfied with their lives (or feel that something isn't right) to be ready to ask the questions.

My husband instinctively did many of the things in this book (before we even bought it) and I eventually started thinking for myself: Combatting Cult Mind Control, by Steven Hassan. He has other books.

This link explains how cults control people's minds by controlling their behavior.

http://freedomofmind.com/Info/BITE/bitemodel.php

This link explains a bit about how Hassan intervenes, but you could learn how to use the SIA approach

http://freedomofmind.com/Info/faq/sia.php

and a long video that includes lots of stories on using the Strategic Interaction Approach:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-oF-Z_I7U

The thing about the whole Tom Phillips thing, is that there is ALREADY more than enough information out there to prove the church is false. And this information will keep most people from ever joining the church. The trick is getting the people already caught up in the church to actually consider it. A magic bullet does you no good, if someone won't let you fire it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2014 10:33AM by imaworkinonit.

Posted by: LincolnFan ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 11:50PM

Thank you Imaworkinonit. This is a new approach that I've never thought of before - brilliant.

Posted by: stoppedtheinsanity ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 03:56PM

I can only hope it has something to do with their shady finances. Just a few weeks ago my mother who hasn't discussed anything religious with me in over a year said how she just learned how much money the the church forked over on city creek and she was disgusted! Not to mention that she doesn't know anyone who can actually afford to shop there.(I'm pretty sure I have mentioned that once or twice to her but someone at church actually told her and my dad, and they believed!)And they were not too happy!

Thanks Tom! Whatever you're doing, I can hardly wait! I appreciate all you are doing in the name of truth and justice! You're a brave man!

Posted by: topekaman ( )
Date: January 21, 2014 02:23PM

I think it is time that Tom Phillips come clean and let everyone here know the case name and number that he states is holding him up from being able to disclose his "surprise". If there is a case that has been filed, I would like to be able to view the complaint and documents that have been filed in the matter. I can understand that some documents might be under seal, but the initial complaint and response would be open for the public to read.

I hope that Tom can be frank with everyone and stop hiding behind the excuse that he can't disclose something because of a scheduled deposition. This is the mark of someone who wants to control other, for whatever reason.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 21, 2014 02:55PM

Tom Phillips doesn't owe anybody anything. I consider us really lucky that he has shared the things he has with us and has overlooked skepticisms and criticisms that he does not deserve. It just goes to his credibility and his character that he cares enough to help expose a dangerous cult for what it is, at great expense, including emotionally, to himself and his family. It's amazing that he hasn't just said, "fine, eff you," and disappeared from this scene and moved on with his life.

Thank you, Tom, for sharing your knowledge, experiences and talents with us. Thank you for giving me hope that any of my posterity who have a connection with mormonism have a chance of finding out what it really is and not letting it control their one amazing life. Hope is a priceless gift. Meeting you in person some day is very high up on my bucket list.

Posted by: heretic ( )
Date: January 21, 2014 03:17PM

topekaman,
I did a quick search and found this is the one and only post you have ever made on this website.
You have no past history or credibility here, yet you start throwing out demands as a "Hit & Run" poster.
We're familiar with you type, you're not fooling anyone. Get real, get a life and get lost.

Posted by: John Ferrier ( )
Date: January 21, 2014 02:29PM

I have no idea what TP has going but just because there are/were depositions it does not mean that it's public record or that a case has been filed. Even if some case has been filed, the entire thing could be sealed. Check out exceptions under state and federal sunshine laws. It's done all the time. And this may be a grand jury matter as well and that is not public record until and unless it leads to indictments.

I've been looking forward to this "October surprise" for a while, and want to know what the hell it is just as you, but I also understand that things always move slower that I'd prefer.

I notice that everyone just jumps on the circle the wagons defense whenever anyone dares to question the Great Tom Phillips! Whenever anyone puts out a series of e-mails that suggests that something either big, wonderful, etc. is going to happen, and then hides behind "I just can't let anyone know" because of a (choose your own fill in the blank reason), is someone who should be asked to produce or just stop stringing folks along.

All I am asking is for Tom to give the style and case number for the court proceeding. Every court proceeding that I am aware of requires this simple information. It is a matter of public record. Is this a civil or a criminal matter? Just come clean Tom, there is absolutely no reason not to be able to give this information. If it is a criminal matter, then all Tom has to state that this is the reason for not releasing the style of the case. However, it should be noted that grand juries typically do not hear depositions, but rather call the person as a witness. Since Tom is not in the United States nor in England, I presume that this is not the case.

If it is in England, then the same case information is easily retrievable.

Tom: Please provide this information so we can make our own minds up about what is transpiring. Isn't this the same basis by which you came to your epiphany?

Date: January 21, 2014 03:25PM

To Interested Observer:

Badgering for asking a simple question! I have been following Tom's non-response for a number of months and finally have taken the time to ask my question.

I know that Tom monitors this site and I hope that he will at least provide the information so that I and others can read the case filings and make up our own mind.

Posted by: not_buying_it ( )
Date: January 21, 2014 03:39PM

Are you working for the COB?

Fishing for information?

Desperate?

***suspicious***

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: January 21, 2014 03:47PM

Tom has credibility here, you don't.

Posted by: anontoday ( )
Date: January 21, 2014 03:06PM

Tom said before Christmas that he hoped to be able to reveal some info in Jan, but couldn't be sure of the time frame. And asked us not to crucify him if the time frame didn't work out.

He's laid a lot on the line already. Que sera and even if he never produces any other contribution, his Second Anointing account was dynamic enough to open my eyes.

Bear in mind too that he is not (to my knowledge anyway) based in the USA. If he's trying to juggle different legal systems, that would be a nightmare in itself.

Patience is the watchword.

Posted by: Interested observer ( )
Date: January 21, 2014 03:10PM

Topekaman
I’ve said this before & I’ll say it again, Tom is in a waiting game, it’s not for me to say any more than that but I’m quite sure, in fact I know, that when he has something to add to what everyone already knows those on Rfm will be the first to hear about it. Please stop badgering him for information, the only people who will profit from that are those he is trying to expose.

Posted by: zenmaster ( )

Thanks...excellent point! I'm sure what Tom is doing is a very sensitive endeavor and confidentially is paramount to see that this has the impact that is intended

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.