Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: December 31, 2013 04:40AM

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57332833-78/strickland-adoption-demke-utah.html.csp

LDS Family Services have been coaching pregnant women to lie a to the biological father about due dates, string them along about their real intentions, be admitted to a hospital under an assumed name and then have the newborn child whisked away by LDS Family Services to a new adoptive family. Utah laws have been crafted to allow this to happen so that adoption agencies can pocket tens of thousands of dollars and biological fathers are denied parental rights, making fraud against the father legal.

The law firm Kirton & McConkie is the general counsel for the cult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: December 31, 2013 04:48AM

Woooofffff...

Here it goes.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: December 31, 2013 09:22AM

I'm hoping the real father wins and wins BIG. Maybe that will get the message through to LD$?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 31, 2013 09:30AM

One of the difficulties with this lawsuit is that the plaintiff never gave the proper notice (about potential parenthood) to the state of Utah while his girlfriend was pregnant. Another issue is that his girlfriend was married at the time so legally her husband is the presumed father. I would love to see LDS Family Services be held accountable for their adoption practices, but I don't think this is the case that will do it.

Posted by: tammie1 ( )
Date: December 31, 2013 09:31AM

Is there a great financial incentive to deny the biological father the parental rights and give the kid to another family?

The pregnant mother doesn't get a payoff. The biological father doesn't pay for the child. So, is all the hassle for getting $10k to $15k from the adopting family?

I'm sure the lady clients are a mix of LDS women having sex outside of marriage, within a marriage to their other lover, or just general single mother bad choices that affect the state.

Is this money grab worth all the hassle to be put to a RICO lawsuit?

The lawyers are going to have to really prove their case.

Posted by: notamormon ( )
Date: December 31, 2013 09:57AM

Has a DNA test been done to prove paternity?

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 31, 2013 10:06AM

I have a cop buddy, who made his reputation by sending a bunch of people to prison, who were involved in a baby selling case. Basically, a crooked lawyer would seek out blond women, who would get impregnated by blond men, preferably both with blue eyes, then sell the resulting child through a corrupt adoption agency, that the lawyer was involved with. It seems it is illegal to sell human beings, something to do with them not being property.

I would be willing to bet, if you looked into criminal charges, you could send a whole bunch of people to prison in LDS social services for baby selling, especially in cases that LDS social services gets mixed up in, outside of Utah.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.