Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 30, 2013 10:30PM

There's an AIDS documentary on PBS right now and I remembered this movie. The one scene that I really remember is the dad explaining the spirit and body using a glove when the son is told he will die.

Plot synopsis: A little boy with hemophilia needs a blood transfusion and contracts HIV. Of course ends up dying a horrible death from the complications of AIDS. It's based on an autobiography by Chris Oyler.

I wonder what happened to that family. If I remember correctly, Rock Hudson's death and Ryan White's contraction of HIV is what finally pressured the government into researching HIV treatment.

Thoughts? Memories?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anon4this ( )
Date: December 30, 2013 11:36PM

Yes, I remember this book. Also, knew this family and their story. I don't know what has happened to them as I have not had contact with them since the 80's.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: December 30, 2013 11:48PM

Also world famous pianist and entertainer Liberace was homosexual and dies from aids.

Posted by: Anonjustforthis ( )
Date: December 31, 2013 12:43AM

The Oylers sold their home and business in California and moved to Idaho. I know the oldest married after his mission. Haven't seen them since they moved so have no other information. Grant Oyler was my bishop at one time. Very nice guy.

Posted by: Jan evans ( )
Date: August 06, 2019 06:38PM

I loved the movie and still have a copy of it. I have always wondered if this was the Richard Oyler family that lived in Lone Pine California? He baptized me in Dias Lake and we attended the Lone Pine Branch. I also remember being at their home when Grant came home from the Hospital. Such wonderful memories and a great family.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: August 07, 2019 07:25AM

Jan, are you currently a member? I was just curious how you came upon this 2013 thread.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.