Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: silhouettes ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 01:53AM

So today I got tired of waiting and wanted to push them on pushing it through. I called SLC Membership number and they assured me they never received my email resignation but luckily I talked to a relatively nice person who was able to let me email her my resignation to her church email where she will expedite the process. I also got the email for my wards bishop since I never went back after being baptized I was not sure who to contact and he has emailed me back swiftly. Although his message was nice he says he never done one before since he is a new bishop so it might take a little time but he will see it through and that he will not pressure at all and if people from the church try to make contact tell them me and him are handling it privately. So hopefully this signals that my resignation will be carried through very promptly =D

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 02:06AM

Nice that we no longer have to be excommunicated to get out of the cult!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 04:00AM

Let's hope they proceed promptly and you can have closure.

Posted by: silhouettes ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 04:06AM

Thanks Cheryl you and other people on this forum have given me the things I needed to do it confidently and swiftly!

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 06:58AM

I'm led to believe that, once you've resigned, you get to call Cheryl "Chez" or "Chezzer", but that may be an urban myth....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.