Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 10:41PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 10:48PM

Yeahhhh.... I think you'd have better luck meditating at the bowling alley, but anything is possible if you're determined. ;)

Posted by: alyssum ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 10:53PM

Well, it always was that for me. I do like the feeling there. Problem is, once they actually start talking, it's not only boring, but absolutely wrong and kind of creepy. I liked the chapel best.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 11:18PM

I always thought the best place in the temple was in the little dressing area behind a locked door. It was the only space that wasn't invaded by someone trying to hurry you along, or correct what you were doing. I couldn't wait until the ceremony was over and I got to go lock myself in the cubical and take a deep breath. The temple always left me filled with anxiety and feeling anxious.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 11:49PM

Any time I tried to meditate in the celestial room I was interrupted after about 5 minutes.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 02:49AM

yeah really. Some old guy always chases you out, even if you just stop in the CR for a brief word of prayer.

AFAIK, there is no place in any temple set aside for patrons' "meditations". I've never really heard of meditation being encouraged by church leaders or members. I have heard members in priesthood classes disparage meditation as something scary, or weird and wacky, and likely "of the devil".

Posted by: darkshadow ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 03:36AM

If the celestial room is such a special place. Why do they quickly rush you out of there. To much real worship going on (prayer and meditation). Unlike the cult rituals in the rest of the place. I never understood that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2013 03:48AM by darkshadow.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.