Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon 21 ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 03:38PM

So Mormons aren't allowed to play the lottery so that takes about 14 million out of the equation. Neither are 7 day adventists. I don't have to worry about the atheists playing because they have no god to pray to to help them win the lottery.
I need more reasons to buy another dollar ticket other than its cheaper than catholic bingo but doesn't come with the spaghetti dinner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 03:52PM

Because, for that week from the purchase of the ticket to when you find out it's a loser, you get to imagine how you will spend all that money. For a buck it's pretty cheap entertainment.

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 09:12PM

Date: December 16, 2013 03:57PM

Yes, yes it is, especially when you consider cash out is like 300 million. And how people whose lives revolve around money will feel when you actually do ship 2000 alligators from Florida to put in their pools. I mean for me it is 299 million dollars of fu money. You know there were 9 winners of the million dollar payout and no one paid any attention to them.

Date: December 16, 2013 04:13PM

Loving daughter says I have no imagination forhorror.Considering that she is the mormon, I take that to mean that if your mother wins the lottery, you can think of more hjorrible things to do. Like fill that pool with green jello. No one is thinking charity here.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 06:20PM

I recommend small investments in stocks or bonds. The secret to wealth is using the economics and statistics of returns to your advantage. I once made a spreadsheet that generated random lottery tickets at computer processing speed. That thing generated tens of millions of virtual tickets for over an hour and still failed to produce a jackpot winner. That's when I knew the lottery was not for me.

Posted by: sunnynomo ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 02:43PM

My husband is in finance. He loves to remind me that playing the lottery is a tax on people that can't do math.

I still buy one occasionally.

And he's right, by the way. Math isn't my strong suit.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 06:24PM

I think BIC Utah TBM's are taught that they already won the lottery....

Date: December 16, 2013 08:27PM

No, they can't.
I will have a financial advisor holding the 1 million. Have you seen those lottery winners who are losers? I want to win and do evil. What's more I want people I know to know I am doing evil with lottery money. I figure, I can spend 2.99 for a book and 3.00 on lottery tickets and I have already spent the 2.99 on a book.

Posted by: lush ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 09:19PM

That's true white, man and bic! cha-ching!!!!!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 08:45PM

I don't need the money. But my being richer than my father would fry his cold ass. That would be worth it. I'd love to give the money to people I love.

Date: December 16, 2013 08:52PM

Just imaging the look on people's faces is enough, isn't it. Except for my sister calling and yelling at me to stop filling her pool with alligators. Millionaires house, cat got eaten by alligators. I figure 10 per load, about 5 loads and she would catch on and call, swearing words I haven' t heard from her in 10 years. Ah, family.

Posted by: nomorefencesitting ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 02:00AM

My father is TBM and a constant lottery ticket purchaser so your theory about having to take some TBMs out of the equation is wrong.

My mom knows that he does it too and she just rolls her eyes whenever we talk about his not being a good mormon.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 02:20AM

I would have SO much fun giving to people who have done kind things for me. And EVEN MORE fun making sure those who have not been kind got NOTHING HEH HEH HEH!! It would be worth the millions just to get revenge I think I may be becoming a witch with a 'B' in my old age!!!

Posted by: behindcurtain ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 01:30PM

The biggest ever Keno jackpot was $6.4 million dollars. I don't know if that is enough money to satisfy your requirements, but it might be easier than winning the lottery.

Posted by: behindcurtain ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 01:32PM

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 02:01PM

. . . tell each of my TBM family members that they'll get 1 Million Dollar$ if they answer every question in the CES letter.

I want my family to "see the truth" and leave.

Also, I'd fund MormonThink and Tom Phillips' case.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 02:41PM

Baura: "Lord, for years I have prayed and asked you that I might
win the lottery, and at no time in the past years, despite my
prayers and pleading, have I won as much as a cent."

Lord: "But, Baura, you never bought a lottery ticket."

Baura: "Of course not, Lord, that would be gambling!"

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 02:49PM

Your odds don't improve when less people play the lottery. :)

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 07:19PM

Dr Math helps my lit-and-word pattern brain understand the chances of winning:

http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/view/56691.html

So does the Missouri Lottery web page:

http://www.molottery.com/powerball/understanding_chances.jsp

And webmath:

http://www.webmath.com/lottery.html

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 08:59PM

My dear departed father loved to play our Canadian lotteries (where we get to keep the whole pot) and when him and Mom were in Vegas, they both never passed a chance to play the slots. And this was during the years he and Mom were EQP, RSP and on HC. He saw absolutely nothing wrong with it. I don't know if he ever got challenged by any other TBM's but I know lots of their TBM friends played the Vegas slots too.

Ron Burr

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 09:11PM

Friend, you already won the lottery when you realized your 10% parasite could be pulled off.

Anagrammy

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 09:16PM

Get laid by a 19yr old girl.............

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 09:58PM

Dear Lord, please allow me to prove that winning the lottery won't spoil me.

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 09:59PM

Here you go

6 13 19 32 35 leftoverball 4

Posted by: BobRobert ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 11:43AM

I am at the end of my rope, I have to win the lottery I have no other options, I need to have maintenance done on my home, I need to get over my depression, I need to get a life and I don't know how tostart that without winning the lottery, I am on disability and I know I need to save my money but I usually never buy more than $10 a draw for tickets

Posted by: BobRobert ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 11:45AM

I know I just posted, I am just desperate and also have blood cancer I have no family to help me out if I get to a place where I can not take care of myself, I am not sure what I am going to do if I cant win the lottery , die I guess... what are my other options

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 12:58PM

I can't live your life for you.

I can't save you financially.

I can't take away your infirmities.

If I could I would be called God instead of AmIDarkNow?

I can give you a tiny bit of advice. If you did not spend money on the lottery you'd be at least ten dollars richer than before you posted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2014 12:59PM by AmIDarkNow?.

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 07:11PM

Me toooo!

Posted by: Mnemonic ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 09:25PM

You and a lot of other people.

Gambling should be done for entertainment purposes ONLY! If you need money look for another solution to your problems. The odds of winning the Powerball lottery grand prize is 1 in 175,223,510. Let me repeat that. The odds of winning the Powerball lottery grand prize is 1 in 175,223,510. Let's give that number some perspective.

A person's chance of getting attacked by a shark in the United States is about 1 in 11.5 million. You are about 15 times more likely to get attacked by a shark than win the Powerball lottery.

A person's chance of getting struck by lightning in the United States is about 1 in a million. You are about 175 times more likely to get hit by lightning than win the Powerball lottery.

A person's chance of dying in a commercial plane crash is about 1 in 11 million. You are almost 16 times more likely to die in a commercial plane crash than win the Powerball lottery.

http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_prizes.asp

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.