Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jujubee ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 12:28PM

http://www.lds.net/forums/lds-gospel-discussion/56835-need-answers-please-help.html

wow. doubt your doubts and go alot even though it was creepy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 01:05PM

I read through the responses. During which time, my IQ lowered about 20 points. Honestly, these people are effing crazy. I just have nothing more to say than that.

Date: December 16, 2013 01:23PM

doubt your doubts too.

Posted by: zarahemlatowndrunk ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 02:48PM

Wow, I didn't realize it was possible for my IQ to fall so sharply and suddenly. Just seeing the banner image at the top of the page immediately transported me into another, stupider dimension!

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 01:15PM

I'm glad that this woman had the nerve to postpone her wedding. Unfortunately, she's at the wrong site if she really wants answers.

My favorite response from apexviper:

"First of all I'd like to say that the guy who played as Satan, he is in the final ward I served in on the mission. Great guy. He's also the star of Saints and Soldiers."

And because of that the church is true. Go back to the temple.

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 01:29PM

Maybe it's the spirit telling you this is a cult and you've been tricked.

No point in saying this. . . tbm moderators are as quick to censor as the church itself.

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 01:54PM

when I talk about alcohol and coffee being acquired tastes to TBMs they always respond with "Why would you want to acquire a taste for that?" but then at the same time pound this sort of thing into doubters.

"Having problems with the Church/the Temple? Why not just go a lot more?"

Never seen a group so blind to their own double standards.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 01:58PM

I thought it was funny that someone asked if they'd went to temple prep classes. Really? For anyone who is wondering, there's no prep in temple 'prep' classes.

They talk a bunch of flowery nonsense, and never quite get around to the real deal.

Date: December 16, 2013 11:07PM

nope, no prep in temple prep. at all.

Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 02:14PM

Middle of the very first comment:

"First you need step back and determine where your testimony is. What do you believe? Its not uncommon for Satan to use things to feel strange to us to undermine our testimony."

Oh really? Because I was under the impression that bad feelings of Satan weren't allowed in the temple. Damn...he is one powerful motherf**ker if God can't even keep him out of the most "holy" place to exist.

Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife!

Posted by: dazed11 ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 02:34PM

I only read the first two responses and I just can't go on. They are kind of funny though. Maybe after a break I will read a few more. The first one tells just tells her, "The names aren't always the same. They change." Yeah they change on a monthly schedule. Every single woman who went through the temple that day knows what her name is even though they make such a big deal about not telling anyone your secret name except your husband. Then the second response tells her, "These are ancient customs you have participated in." That was just to much for me and I had to stop reading.

I really hope this lady is googling like mad as we speak and is finding out about polyandry.

EDIT-Wow I am reading more of the responses and now I am just getting angry. They quickly changed to blaming the victim. "It is your responsibility to prepare yourself for the temple." "People have given you good advice here. You need to take it to heart." "I don't know why you are having such a problem with it. I am a convert and took out my endowments a year after my baptism and I thought it was great." I hope there is an ex-mormon that is a secret member of this site that can send her a private message.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2013 02:42PM by dazed11.

Posted by: xombie ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 02:43PM

The responses make me want to poke my eyes out. I recieved much the same responses as she did when I first went through. The next I went through was on the mission. Guess what? IT DID NOT GET BETTER. I fell asleep most of it (because of lack of sleep from the MTC) and I never felt anything spiritual aside from a creepiness factor about the whole thing. It's a Masonic ceremony, through and through. Nothing sacred about it.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 02:57PM

One response from the 2nd page "Originally Posted by Julie22 View Post
yes, but that isn't quite what the endowment says it means...

everyone I asked at the temple just said "go again and you'll miraculously get it" or "I don't know".

Really? They said "you'll miraculously get it"?

I am a convert and I received my endowment one year after my baptism. I struggle to understand how anyone can get "freaked out" by going to the temple (especially if they grew up in the church) but I will accept someone's word if that's what they say. I thought it was a beautiful experience any go back regularly.

How much effort did you put into preparing? Did you do anything other than take the class?

There's good advice in this thread. You should take it to heart.

In other words, since the OP didn't see how "special" the temple was, it's because it's her fault. Blame, blame, blame and guilt. That's all these idiots understand.

Date: December 16, 2013 04:45PM

How does one prepare for something they have no idea what it is??

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 04:54PM

apparently the more you pray about the temple, the less creepy it seems

Posted by: John Ferrier ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 03:24PM

This was pre-1990 so the temple ceremonies weren't watered down like today. Like the poster said, it felt like a "kid's clubhouse" and that, dear convert, is all there is to it. Like me, the poster must be wondering what the heck did I get myself into. I knew deep down then and there it was basically a clubhouse with bloody and violent penalties for revealing bloody and violent penalties. I could never understand how members thought it was so special and acted like it was all normal.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 03:43PM

I figure it was the Holy Ghost who taught me that the temple was bad. Feelings like being in a tomb.

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 03:52PM

Is this website part of the "More Good Foundation"?

Their administrator lists herself as an employee.

Posted by: Re-poster ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 04:24PM

This has been posted before:

"Mormonism thinks that God runs His Universe like a Moose Lodge."

Posted by: Mormoney ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 05:01PM

"Talk to someone you trust, like your bishop or RS president". There's a leading statement if I've ever heard one.

Posted by: OMG! ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 07:00AM

Their other threads get worse than this. soo sooo brainwashed.

Posted by: Mateo Pastor ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 07:26AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.