Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Hold Your Tapirs ( )
Date: December 13, 2013 03:17PM

I just read an interesting story about two SR-71 pilots that had some fun while flying 80,000 feet above the desert floor in Arizona.

For some reason, I felt this warm feeling come over me as I got to the end of the story. In my TBM days, I would have considered this to be the spirit. I now believe that it's a result of this story resonating with me on a personal level. I could connect with and recognize the passion that this pilot has for what he does and I can feel that he loves it. I believe this is just part of the human experience, we can all feel these same feelings by connecting with those around us.

http://www.econrates.com/reality/schul.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: happiernow ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 12:30AM

Great story! I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing!

I totally agree with your thought that the "warm feeling" is truly feeling connected with others on a personal level or connecting with a person's passion, rather than some random "Holy Ghost" giving people warm fuzzies in certain religious situations. I actually believe I've felt this particular feeling MORE since leaving TSCC. TSCC does not have the trademark on this "warm feeling". Maybe even giving up the constant "righteous judgment" of others in the TBM atmosphere allows one to connect with others more? ;)

I have felt this warm feeling many times recently while watching my younger son's physical therapist work with him. It is so easy to see that she LOVES her job; I wonder if I've ever seen someone get more joy from their work than she does while improving others' lives. In addition, I have felt this feeling many times while watching particular movies that remind me of the compassion and humanity of mankind. Most importantly, I feel it from time to time while savoring those simple, special moments with my husband and my children, enjoying their companionship, unique personalities, and love.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.