Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: releve ( )
Date: December 05, 2013 07:29PM

I think I know some reasons why the Mormon Apostates skin turns dark.
1. With 10% more income, he no longer lives on a diet of pasta and dried milk the last week of the month.
2. With more time, he has taken up walking, or running, or tennis, or golf and that indoor pallor has been replaced by a healthy tan.
3. With more time, she is actually getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep and a certain bloom has come back to her cheek. Wait, that might be more about the really good sex and less about the sleep. Anyway!
4. With more money, they took a cruise and got out of the Utah inversion.
5. With less stress and guilt, she no longer looks pale because of the constant headache she had for years.
6. With less stress and guilt, he isn't on the verge of a heart attack.
7. With more time, since they aren't cleaning the ward house, their own house is more hygienic and the cold that Johnny brought home from school didn't race through the whole family.
8. With bare shoulders, she soaked up a bit more vitamin D.
9. Without garments they discovered their own bodies and decided it was not to late to get in shape.
10. Without the cult, they embraced who they really are and stopped trying to look like the Romneys or the Huntsmans.

I'm sure that there are many more reasons. What is yours?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: December 05, 2013 07:34PM

With the Dutch, Norwegian and German in my family background, I'm pretty darn pale. The Native American Cree didn't help at all.

My mother and my niece are a tad darker, but not by much. Just enough not to get burned to a crisp in the Sun, like I do. They are never-Mos.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: December 05, 2013 08:02PM

No, but my acne cleared up...

Posted by: finalfrontier ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 01:06AM

Same thing here. Seriously, it was like magic. Should not be surprised I guess, all the stress that was gone upon deciding it was not true...

Posted by: Dead Cat ( )
Date: December 05, 2013 09:26PM

Yes I did!

Nice and bronzed all over:)

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 01:02AM

Nope I am as 'white and delightsome' as I always was, and as prone to sunburn and skin cancer!!

Posted by: Cynthus ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 01:04AM

Dang-- I didn't get the benefit of a tan. I have very pale skin that burns if I am out in the sun more than fifteen minutes. I missed out?

;-)

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 01:11AM

No, but that would have been so cool. I look much better with a tan - my hazel eyes look positively Scarlett O'Hara green. I'd be so much cuter with a good Lamanite curse upon me.

Posted by: james ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 01:26AM

Yes, I moved to Palm Springs and sat out by the pool a lot. I am also evil.

Posted by: Al Shiffler ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 03:53AM

My stools became noticeably darker.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 06:33AM

See your GP.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 06:33AM

I was able to do more yard work in shorts and a T-shirt. Now that I had one more weekend day to accomplish these things, yes, I turned noticeably darker.

Posted by: AFT ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 07:49AM

God loves messing with me so, after 20 years of not a drop of alcohol, I have cirrhosis of the liver. Which darkens the skin. Undoubtedly, my "friends" at TSCC think it's because I left "the" Truth.

Nope, God and I have just have the same sick sense of humor! If I had had a half a cup of coffee a day, my liver would have been more protected but, of course, I didn't drink coffee either! So, I laugh or die. I choose to laugh.

Posted by: W&W ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 10:20AM

Nope, it's been six years since I resigned and , I am STILL WHITE, wow. Go figure. My SIL told me I was called "SATAN". Hilarious, Mormons don't believe in Demons or Hell, but when someone leaves the church- conveniently and suddenly Satan exists! I used to be really paranoid about drinking coffee smoking ciggarettes- as if someone would jump out of the bushes, point and say to me : "I see what you're doing!" Thankfully I don't care if someone actually did that, if it's on my property tho- that's another matter.

Posted by: CTRringturnsmyfingergreen ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 01:35PM

My skin didn't change color even though my DNA changed. You see, when we are baptized, our blood literally becomes Jewish (one of those dickheads taught this, look it up).

Now, my blood and DNA are back to what they were at birth. My doctor was quite surprised at the change.

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 02:12PM

My skin became lighter after leaving the cult. But that's because around the same time I left the cult I had a melanoma removed from my back, and I started to be much more careful about using sunscreen.

I suffered from horrible migraines while I was mormon, and those disappeared completely as soon as I left the cult.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 02:29PM

I'm still white, thanks to my Irish/Anglo Saxon ethnicity. Because of that ethnicity, I'm still more likely to get sunburned than to get an actual tan even though I have brown eyes.

I have noticed fewer migraines and that my depression went away as well, probably due to drinking more coffee and unsweetened tea and cutting way back on soda consumption. I've also had more time to go to the gym, and I've been eating healthier than I did as a Mormon, so combined with the decreased soda consumption, I've lost weight since leaving.

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 02:39PM

After I wiped all the official LDS "whitewash" away from my mind, I relaxed and became proud of my brown skin.

Posted by: deepcreek ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 03:06PM

I got really sunburned in Mexico on a trip to help rehab me after I found out the church of my youth in the 60's and 70's was all bullshit.

I partied on the beach with alcohol, hahahaha laughing about the disappearing golden plates, and angel Moroni!!! hahahaha

So yes my skin did turn dark. hahahahaha the church is all bullshit. hahahaha. The temple is brainwashing freemasonry rites, its all made up. hahahahahaaaa

The entire endowment is available on youtube with a hidden camera. See for yourself how fucking ridiculous the mormon temple ceremony is. You will laugh your ass off.

Get comfortable, pour a favorite cocktail, 420, and watch the youtube video til you laugh yourself silly.

Posted by: C.T.R ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 03:30PM

Ex ex bf who was an TBM was super excited to see the difference in skin tone between my dad and myself. My dad is a dark Mexican man and my mother is white, I take after my mom and have pretty fair skin. I didn't really understand why he was so interested in the difference until i began learning about 'the church.' I don't think he even realized how offensive it was to think anything of the difference in skin color between my dad and i.

yuck

Posted by: tofino ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 05:17PM

I remember an apache boy who stayed with a ward family in the 1960's for a few years. I didn't notice any skin color change.

He liked to play basketball and thought he was a Lamanite from Arizona. I didn't give it much thought at the time.

It was cool.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 05:46PM

I became a nudist almost immediately; no kidding.

My older ex-mo brother would take us on nature hikes.

ALL of my skin was dark for many years...

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: December 07, 2013 12:26AM

No. In fact I've gotten whiter ... Because of my hair...

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: December 07, 2013 07:56AM

Blue eyes, blond hair. I tend to burn. My arms get somewhat tanned but that's about it.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: December 07, 2013 01:00PM

only after I went sunbathing on a nudie beach

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: December 07, 2013 06:44PM

Hello AFT, I am SO sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I have a dear friend who has cirossis too, and she was only an occasional drinker.

Take care of yourself, I am thinking of you!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.