Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: February 10, 2011 03:48PM

For me my whole Mormon experience is morphing into a bigger picture of population control period. I have friends who grew up in other religions that feel the same I do about Mormonism. In fact, one friend probably has more hate for the Catholic church than I do for the Mormon church.

I would say any organization that says they are the mutually exclusive middle man for God sets the die for trouble. If you hear that one, run like hell because they are after one thing and one thing only. CONTROL. Amazingly these organizations typically tell you to only marry other members and have lot's of children. They make sex dirty and evil. Basically, they know it's a lot easier to keep the children of brainwashed parents in the organization than to go out into the public and recruit outsiders.

All the beliefs, doctrines, dogmas, temples, rituals, funny hats and clothes ect... is just to add spice and hocus pocus to the scam. Add in lots of busy work to keep you distracted and they have you.

Also, it's interesting how paying money to God is very important, like the master of the universe cares about Ben Bernanke's toilet paper he prints.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: February 10, 2011 04:13PM

Well put.

Posted by: Anon ( )
Date: February 10, 2011 08:32PM

Any organization that is mutually exclusive and expects unreasonable devotion, payment, and a million micro management tasks to keep members in line is a cult.

They are not safe.....ever.

Posted by: neptuneaz ( )
Date: February 10, 2011 09:07PM

Posted by: Convert ( )
Date: February 10, 2011 09:13PM

Religion is just pure Capitalism in my opinion.

Science and learning are bad. Keep having babies and producing tithe paying members, stay in poverty, also explains the anti-abortion perspective. That child is another tithe payer.

Posted by: zoltan ( )
Date: February 10, 2011 09:43PM

When one begins to progress on the path one realizes the stupidity of religious control.
It is all between the individual and God, there is no third party that controls thought and what one should study and not study.
After all...it's your life and if one is misled into stupidity and false belief...sorry, we misled you...ain't going to make up for a wasted life.

In fact if you look at the life of Jesus he was always battling the religion of his day, those who sucked on the blood and hard work of the common people, who had to work for a living with the promise of the priest craft of the day and the racket they ran that they had the path to God.
In fact they saw Jesus as such a threat to the racket they were running that they had him murdered.

There is no external method that will lead to God, regardless of what anyone says. The method is yourself, your self honesty, your desire to overcome the carnal instincts, your desire to become true and simple...otherwise it's nothing more than a subtle ego game. The building of a religious ego.

It's what the Buddha is all about, it's what Christ is all about...to become an enlightened individual who can stand on his own two feet. Then, and then alone can he start aspiring to anything resembling godhood otherwise he is nothing but a mere automate.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.