Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jujubee ( )
Date: November 23, 2013 07:21PM

my nephew lives with us. He also works where I do. He was told he couldn't go to work unless he cleaned his room. (I don't think that's appropriate. Grounded from play? maybe, but not work. I usually take him. I thought there would be trouble, but gpa took him. thankfully. they would've called the police probably if I dared take him...mom even said to me over another issue today "do I have to call the police to tell you I make the rules??" Irony is that the downstairs has been destroyed b since last August because they replaced pipes. food storage is along the halls.

There are problems...my mom thinks I'm insubordinate cause I let him use my kindle when they told him he couldn't use their electronic devises for wifi. Hey, it's my property and they always tell me dicipline is non of my business, even when the kid does something to me or my property. That is the only defient thing I've done in that regard. She even threatened to kick me out when he asked me to take him someplace they said no. I wouldn't have agreed, anyway. Another time, he asked me to take him to the store when they wouldn't cause he had to pay tithing. I was threatened with dire consequences.

I needed to vent...hate that bitch.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 23, 2013 07:52PM

I am rather confused by your story. Are you all living with your parents?

Date: November 23, 2013 07:56PM

yes. I've had medical problems and also let go from my job.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 23, 2013 08:16PM

I would just stay out of it as much as you are able to, then. The exception is when he does something to you or your property. Then speak up.

You are in a tough situation and you have my sympathy.

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: November 23, 2013 09:31PM

+1

Date: November 23, 2013 09:45PM

thank you. Speaking up does no good, though. My special needs bro broke my glasses, and they won't pay to get me new ones. My financial situation is bad, and I had to get cheap frames with my dwindling savings. I need a check up and a new perscription, but can't afford that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.