Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: November 23, 2013 06:13PM

The anger stage is gone now. A bit of resentment remains, of course. I finally shook myself free of a mind virus called Mormonism.

To describe the stage I'm in now is a bit difficult.. Mostly, it's that I'm in the role of a bemused observer. In fact, things look rather humorous to me now... I want to see how the Mormon Corporate Entity handles the pace of social change we are seeing. The big thing now, of course, is gay marriage. I watch in eager anticipation. I want to see how this strange organization handles this. Claiming to be ordained of God's unchanging laws, yet desiring to be mainstream so as not to be marginalized so they may maintain some semblance of relevance. This is a tightrope. It should be amusing to watch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2013 06:14PM by rationalist01.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 23, 2013 07:42PM

The Mormon circus is best appreciated from afar.

One time I took my little boy to a big arena circus, and I was excited to have front row seats. When the elephants walked by, the stench was intolerable. They were defecating and breaking wind within ten feet of our wrinkled noses.

Every circus has its own smell, I suppose.

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: November 23, 2013 07:48PM

Sure useful in helping one be less reactive/angry to those remaining trapped behind the barbed-wire.

Cult may be evil.
But the prisoners are just duped.

Posted by: Bradley ( )
Date: November 23, 2013 08:28PM

Congrats for getting past the ugly stage of healing. It was hard, wasn't it? Experience is the best teacher though. Imagine trying to understand the LDS experience without living through it. You can't. But you survived with your sanity and moved on.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.