Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: November 22, 2013 10:04PM

New studies are showing that coffee is good for the blood vessels.

I just said this to my TBM friend and she said, "Yeah, well, they'll shortly find out that they're wrong about that one. They'll change their minds."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/11/20/coffee-heart-disease/3646265/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Notloggedin ( )
Date: November 22, 2013 10:08PM

Just like they have recanted the dozens of other studies showing coffee related benefits? Mormons are so incredibly dumb when it comes to this kind of thing.

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: November 22, 2013 10:15PM

I believe that coffee helped me lose weight. I was 250 pounds (mostly fat). I would try to work out but never could. I started drinking coffee I got for free at work. I always drink it black. I lost weight without working out. Now I'm 200 pounds with more muscle. I've started making a habit of working out now.

Posted by: anonyme ( )
Date: November 22, 2013 10:15PM

Just another programed response. They don't actually look at the info, or history of studies done.

Date: November 22, 2013 11:05PM

True. I tried to elaborate, but she just abruptly changed the subject. She was having none of it.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 23, 2013 12:17PM

One of my friends is a marathon runner and trains people for marathons. Some of her ideas about tea and coffee are just as blind and backward as your friend's. If people don't want to drink it for whatever reason, I understand. But to just toss off unsubstantiated nonsense - especially when you are a health trainer like her - is crazy.

Date: November 23, 2013 12:20PM

What's interesting about my friend is that she is quite willing to throw church garbage at me.

But if she gets the slightest hint that I'm going to say something critical, she cuts me off and starts talking over me, not letting me get a word in.

I'll be trying to say, "I was just trying to say that the traffic was bad when I passed the Stake Centre," but she never finds that out, because she never does let me talk.

It's very annoying.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.