Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rusty Shackleford ( )
Date: November 22, 2013 10:57AM

Seems he was sent to the Leonardo this morning for the Dead Sea Scrolls/Judaica exhibit there, and proceeded to mock it relentlessly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: November 22, 2013 11:02AM

In his weight loss surgery video, he was shown without a shirt on. He had tattoos all over his stomach. But mormons let Polynesians have tattoos, so I don't know.

Date: November 22, 2013 11:07AM

Mormons seem to allow (or at least look the other way) in terms of Polynesians doing whatever they like, as long as it can be explained away as "part of the culture". One is left to wonder if the King of Tonga has pictures of Spencer W. Kimball in "compromising positions".

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 22, 2013 11:05AM

I don't know - he seems like a nice guy. But I have enough Buddhist friends to find his nickname insensitive. How long would Giant Jesus last on TV? As long as Big Budah?

Date: November 22, 2013 11:09AM

Now I have to wonder if any Utah news program would allow "Big Allah" to mock a Mormon history exhibit at the JSMB.

(Of course, I don't really need to wonder about that.)

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: November 22, 2013 11:06AM

Hard to say, being a polynesian I would bet that he at least comes from LDS background. Polynesians though, seem to be pretty laid back about Mormonism and most seems to have had the stick removed from their ass at an early age.

Posted by: Anon4 this ( )
Date: November 22, 2013 12:44PM

My son goes to school with one of big Buddha's kids. My son said that he is a Mormon.

Posted by: anonyme ( )
Date: November 22, 2013 01:22PM

Yes he is. He has a son on a mission.

Posted by: Anonthistime ( )
Date: November 22, 2013 03:13PM

He definitely is. I am related to him through marriage. Can't stand him.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: November 22, 2013 03:18PM

Any stories you wish to share????

I take it his Fox 13 act is just that...an act?

A little less nice in private??

I hope to go see the dead sea scrolls at the Leonardo.
He can mock them all he wants, but they are HISTORICAL counts, as opposed to the BoM.

The dead sea scrolls document someone named Jesus, whether Jesus was the mythical person portrayed in Christianity or not, it is a record of someone writing about "this person"

The only record of people writing about Nephites and Laminites is Joseph Smith himself..

Posted by: Anonthistime ( )
Date: November 22, 2013 03:42PM

Mostly, he just has a huge sense of entitlement. He thinks he's super famous, and everyone should know and love him. He and his "entourage" are very shallow and showy.

Posted by: notimpressed ( )
Date: February 13, 2017 12:50PM

I believe I can confirm this! I got to be on TV with him once in 2011, and his smiley, jovial personality is just for show. I was told by several Fox 13 folks to not talk to him unless he speaks to me.

Posted by: jennifer ( )
Date: December 19, 2013 11:48AM

I'm not sure what part this might have to do with buddha, but Im a disabled veteran and I need a service dog for PTSD. I cant afford.the dog or to train it either. I went to a service supposed tohelp and I was made to feel badly. Please there's got to besomeone who can help me. Please. Please Please

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: December 19, 2013 01:00PM

I have an acquaintance who is a disabled-vet with a service dog. It took her a long time to get one. If you would like me to try and set you guys in contact with each other please email me at heidigwotr@hotmail.com

Posted by: Tyler ( )
Date: November 22, 2013 04:32PM

Does anyone have a link to the video.

Posted by: jennifer ( )
Date: December 19, 2013 12:45PM

If Im not mistaken he mentioned omething about he and his family being moromn before his surgery and his shirt off wasn't posing for a nude magazine, it was, to help people. Also, there are too many judgemental people looking their ose down on someone. I once heard "When you point a finger in someone elses's face.........THERE'S 3 POINTING BACK AT YOU!!!!!!

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: December 19, 2013 01:47PM

Why do people feel this need to drag up old threads from the past and comment on them, thereby resurrecting them briefly, especially when they weren't that good to begin with. I actually caught myself responding to a thread I had commented on three years previously.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2013 01:48PM by whiskeytango.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.