Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: heretic ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 12:37PM

The eager anticipation of Tom Phillips forthcoming "Big Announcement" has taken a toll on me, stress wise.
It reminds me of when I was a little child who couldn't sleep the night before Christmas morning.
Every day, for over a month, I run back and forth multiple times between this website
and another popular website, to see if Santa, or in this case Tom,
has arrived and left the much anticipated Christmas present(s).

So, Tom. Please help me believe just one more time,
like Virginia, that there really is a Santa Clause.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2013 04:05PM by heretic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 01:26PM

Actually that's an idea...

Tom & the Admins, can there be a post that we can follow, which is locked after creation, that can be unlocked and posted to when it's time for the revalation? That way we all get email alerts.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 02:23PM

Well, you are being naughty by not waiting patiently and Santa Phillips won't come unless you be good and quit jumping up and down every day.

Posted by: snuckafoodberry ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 02:32PM

What NormaRae said. You must be a good boy and wait patiently. The wait is half the fun. And be thankful for whatever it is.

I admit I check every day to see if there is anything happening yet. I don't want to miss the day when everyone is informed of the news. I like being in on it when it happens because it is more exciting for me than if I arrived to the news a day late asking what's up.

I'm a sucker for the excitement anticipation brings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2013 02:33PM by snuckafoodberry.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 02:37PM

It is exciting to think about what he's working on. I'm sure when it's released it will probably get posted on the main page. I doubt you'll miss it, no matter what it is.

Be patient, based on his posts, he's getting a lot of pressure both to not to release whatever he's got and to work faster. I'm sure he's doing the best he can and wants to make sure all his ducks are in a row.

Anyway, Tom, if you're reading this, Thanks for everything you've already done!

Posted by: joejoe50 ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 02:42PM

Pardon my ignorance, but who is Tom Phillips?

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 03:06PM

Posted by: Mormoney ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 03:36PM

On RfM as "anointed one". He's also the managing editor of mormonthink and a recipient of the second anointing. Personal acquaintance of Jeff Holland and various other GA's. He was a stake president and secretary to an area presidency.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2013 03:36PM by Mormoney.

Date: November 14, 2013 03:38PM

Posted by: joejoe50 ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 05:04PM

Thanks for the info. I just read his exchange with Holland.

Date: November 14, 2013 02:57PM

I think we're all curious, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves. I don't believe that he intended for there to be a lot of hype around the anticipation of whatever it is he's working on. Furthermore, if it's not what anyone expects as he alluded to, then perhaps we're getting excited for something that has nothing to do with what's actually going on (although I really have no idea).

I'm sure we'd all like to see one single death blow that exposes the church and immediately crumbles under its own weight, but in reality, probably not going to happen, ever. I do believe however the church will continue to shrink as people become less dumb and more informed and anything that anyone can do in the meantime to expedite that process would be a very welcome surprise.

Date: November 14, 2013 04:48PM

I agree. He has done enough already. Even if nothing comes of anything this man has contributed so much and I am very appreciative of him even if nothing came of it at all. But it is hard not to get excited over whatever might be pending.

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 03:51PM

Maybe we can hear all about the Arthur Patton story in the mean time?

Posted by: Otedge Notloggedin ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 04:44PM

rt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe we can hear all about the Arthur Patton
> story in the mean time?

This is hilarious. I have thought the same thing, actually.

I've heard a lot of interesting things on RfM over the years but there have been some MAJOR MAJOR disappointments. In no particular order:

1. Arthur Patton (went no where)
2. Monson on the brink of crazy-town the next time he speaks in GC ( I think we've had 4 or 6 GCs since then and he appears just as lucid as ever -- just a little old)
3. GA about to leave TSCC
4. October surprise (maybe its coming eventually)
5. Various Mitt-related issues that never "came to pass"

Am I forgetting any?

I've learned not to trust the hype on RfM.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 06:42PM

By the way, since we were talking about Tom Phillips, doesn't he live on Malta?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2013 06:42PM by steve benson.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 09:59PM

I believe he does.

Date: November 14, 2013 05:09PM

I need to be brought in on the results. Was he made up it not?
Edit: Arthur was a real person so never mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2013 05:26PM by snuckafoodberry.

Posted by: androidandy ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 10:11PM

I think Toms surprise will not disappoint.

The Brethren have built up decades of very bad karma.

How ever long it takes, I will keep watching.

I hope its big enough to make Drudgereport headlines in red lettering!!

Warren Jeffs, meet your new cellmate Thomas Monson :) 2 phoney prophets together forever :)

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 08:36AM

Darn it. This talk of Christmas makes me want the surprise to be new train set. Lionel or HO scale, either one is OK with me.....

Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 10:07AM

Dr. Sheldon Cooper said it's "O-gauge or no gauge."

Date: November 15, 2013 10:08AM

All I want is an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle.

Posted by: No Mo Lurker ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 10:58AM

You'll shoot your eye out!

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 11:11AM

Posted by: heretic ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 12:15PM

WARNING: The last five posters, Chicken N. Backpacks, utaHeidi, GWOTRhstateagnostics, Void K. Packer and No Mo Lurker have been reported to the "Strengthening The RFM Board Committee" for hijacking my thread. You have now been warned, ooooooh ;)

Date: November 15, 2013 12:29PM

That's okay, I've got iced beer in the fridge waiting. To Mormons that's like holy water to the undead. And you don't even need to use the good stuff - just crappy lawnmower beer will do.

Bring it

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 07:26PM

Everyone be too hard on Tom. Does anyone know what his challenges are? I sure don't. Knowing the litigious nature of the Mormon church,... Could there be a legal issue going on? Threats from ex-friends who are bigwigs in the church? I never did find out.

Posted by: justbnme ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 01:01AM

I've met Tom. Those who deride him do so in ignorance. This man has sacrificed EVERYTHING to be a man on conscience.

Shame on those who deride him for their own selfish reasons.

Tom OWES us nothing. If he chooses to be a part of this or any ex-mormon community, so be it. If he doesn't.....we still owe him an enormous debt of gratitude.

Posted by: Tom Phillips ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 03:58AM

Thanks justbnme. Hope we can meet again sometime. We often reflect on your and Mrs. justbnme visit to Malta.

We now live in an even more exotic location, still next to a beach. Anytime you are near come and visit. We have plenty of room to accommodate you my friend.

Tom

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 11:27AM

Tom,

Happy to see a note from you. Hope things are fine. Exotic locations are good, and I should probably be jealous.

Take care,

"cludgie"
(Mike, actually)

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: November 16, 2013 04:15AM

I just wanted to add my voice to others, after reading about these and other similar stories. I think that anointedone is doing way more than enough, and I wanted to give a heartfelt thank you to him and the many others that work tirelessly to bring the LDS fraud to light. I think that we sometimes under appreciate the amount of work he, and others (like a certain ETB grandson, RPackham, etc.), do for the community.

Thank you all, and please don't let the few (loud) haters deter you from hearing that there are those of us that patiently (and eagerly) anticipate the next big thing one you well-connected types digs up, and that you are appreciated.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.