Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nolongermolly ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 12:02AM

So, we've all heard about marinating or floating or whatever else term the students have come up with right? Where it's not sex if there's no motion, so if a boy just sticks it in and "marinates" they're still virgins?

Yeah, now as long as the boy and girl aren't creating the motion, they're still virgins. So kids are finding people to jump on the beds to create friction but still be pure.

Talk about trying to find loopholes...!

I'm just curious how you approach such a thing. Do you post a craig's list ad advertising how much you'll pay for a jumper?

Is it a, I'll jump for you if you jump for me?

Is it a roommate unwritten code?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 12:04AM

I'm going to need to see something to prove that's anything but an urban myth.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 12:05AM

That is just ridiculous.

Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 12:15AM

I'm sure almost all of them know exactly what they are doing. The "it's not really sex" is just to try and make their guilty conscious (which isn't entirely their fault) feel better.

Posted by: ddt ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 03:10PM

Everyone knows that it is officially considered sex when the nipple makes its first appearance.

Date: November 07, 2013 12:18AM

I was learning about this at another near by college in a health course, about why the rate of STD's at BYU has increased recently (which they already have one of the highest rates in the United States, thanks to their lack of education and understanding of transmission, combined with "floating" and "marinating")

I was always taught that if your clothes were off or you were laying down together, you were breaking the laws of chastity. Rather than try to find creative ways around it, I just quit the church. Too bad these kids feel so stuck in the religion that they go to these kinds of extremes.

Posted by: sizterh ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 01:02PM

They probably tend to lie about past activity or just don't discuss.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 05:16AM

"The Provo Soak" again. Yes, this is a real thing.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 05:20AM

When I was a young man I could never dip a ladle without stirring the soup.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 11:16AM

This is probably something of a joke in the culture at BYU. Funny ideas and memes surrounding the idea of soaking pass around and while they aren't meant to be taken serious, people outside of the culture still do.

Without more evidence, my guess is that this really doesn't happen.

Posted by: pathos ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 01:43PM

As a fairy recent BYU grad, experienced floater, and couple-times jumper, I can confirm this is a true phenomenon

Posted by: CTRringturnsmyfingergreen ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 01:47PM

If this is a real phenomenon and it's not "sex", does that mean you would admit it to your bishop?

How is "marinating" justified in the mind of the parties involved in terms of "keeping with the laws of chastity".

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 02:19PM

that can keep one believing in LDS claims despite the mountain of evidence against it is similar to the approach that let's LDS youngsters think 'soaking' or 'jumping' isn't sex.

Selective reasoning and full out denial are only degrees apart.

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 08:54PM

badseed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Selective reasoning and full out denial are only
> degrees apart.

Like you said, they have a lot of experience with it.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 02:29PM

You used to jump on people's beds to help them get off?

Eww... Also, you are incredibly odd and so are the people who you do this with. There is no way I can say this without being offensive, but that behavior is incredibly and densely idiotic.

That being said, I can accept being wrong about this.

Edit: In the words of Hank Hill "That boy ain't right."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2013 02:31PM by snb.

Date: November 07, 2013 10:53PM

How do you recruit a jumper? I don't know why this intrigues me so much, other than that has got to be one hell of a conversation...lol

Posted by: Sandie* ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 11:18PM

Date: November 07, 2013 11:07PM

They wouldn't be one of the least sexually healthy campuses in the country if there wasn't STD's going around, and if they are only having sex within marriage, there should be no STD's. So, obviously, something is going on across that campus to allow these diseases to continue spreading...

Posted by: Albinolamanite ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 02:05PM

I've never soaked but I've had a lady soak me before. It happens when you hit the right spot.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 02:29PM

Where, the gag reflex?

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 03:05PM

LOL

Posted by: nonny for this ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 03:15PM

Ok so I've been out of the loop for awhile, what exactly do all these terms mean? I need to know to be able to figure out what kids are doing and if they need to know something about std's and protection.

floating? soaking?

I know that we (me and dh) would try to lie still, you know, and see how long we could do that. I always gave in first, so I don't know how they could manage that. Duh, and what about pregnancy?

Date: November 07, 2013 10:55PM

Floating, soaking, marinating, all are just terms for lying still without motion, just like you use to do it sounds like.

Which can still spread disease since it's still penetration, and well pregnancy could easily happen once a jumper is involved since there is now motion to create a release, but of course, it's not sex since the parties who are naked aren't creating the motion themselves.

Sidenote:
I wonder how many people would hurry and get naked if there was an earthquake at BYU....Cause then they could say God created the motion, so it's definitely pure right?

Posted by: southern should login ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 09:08PM

hahaha aaaghh no this cant be real! This thread is killin me.

anyone who has been involved in said "jumping" must share details.

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 10:55PM

As long as you don't kiss while "jumping" or "soaking" it's okay. You must keep that sacred kiss for over the alter, LOL.

Posted by: nonny for this ( )
Date: November 08, 2013 12:06AM

That is crazy!!! You can totally get preggers that way!! You can get preggers without penetration or ejaculation.

Stupid kids---and they all got into BYU?

When I dated byu guys and lived in the housing we just "rolled" and did a lot of "dry docking".

That is too damn funny. They really don't think that's sex?

Posted by: johngaltspeaking ( )
Date: November 08, 2013 12:11AM

This is kinda like the BYU super date. It can't be real. But Mormons love to have them some grey area in their black and white, clear as crystal, bright as day religion; especially when it suits them.

Posted by: Tx2step ( )
Date: November 08, 2013 12:13AM

When I attended BYU,it was all the craze to drive down to Vegas for the weekend to get married....guilt free sex. Then be back in classes on Monday like nothing had happened and quickly, quietly have the marriage annulled.

Posted by: johngaltspeaking ( )
Date: November 08, 2013 12:15AM

BYU super date. I created a thread about it a while back:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,982995,983418

Posted by: passing through ( )
Date: November 08, 2013 10:21AM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

Wow, what a Mormon upbringing does to people. They get so good at shelving the cog dis that they can actually create a scenario where they are having sex and still believe they are not having sex.

Wow. I mean, just.....wow.

And having a 3rd party they've invited/paid to facilitate the sex, TO MOVE THE BED, of all things...and still believe there isn't anything "impure" going on and that this 3 rd person isn't participating in a sex act ?

MY MIND. TOTALLY. FLIPPING. BLOWN. ;-D

It's "The Handmaid's Tale, the College Years". Suddenly I'm viewing my non-mo, brutal beating and bad-touched upbringing in a new light. It may have been bed, but at least it was honest. At least I knew, as a teenager, that sex was sex. At least I didn't lie to myself about what I was doing out of some whacked out purity indoctrination. At least I could enjoy my boyfriends without having somebody rock the bed for us.

Holy Sky Wizard, am I glad I didn't grow up Mormon or raise my kids to be.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.